Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Weekend Was Busy

Saturday started out early looking like this

I think that it was cold, maybe around 5 or so. I got to sewing early.
I love my little sewing space, and especially my two Bernina's


I finished the other baby quilt. The first one was pink and just in time for Baby Cora who was born yesterday (those pictures to follow next week)

The quilting looks like this-can you see the rocking horse? I also had that done at Pine Needles but on the Compi-quilter (I think that is what it is called) Cool huh? And so very soft for the next baby, due in Feb.
Trixie slept through most of this under her many blankets

We sat around and watched some football and noticed that the moon is the closest to the Earth today than it will be all year. Well, we heard it on the news but we saw it out of our back door.

We went to bed early so we could get up Sunday and go to St Paul for a race called the Frigid 5, which was actually a pretty slow 10 K (6.2 miles or 4 laps around the fair grounds).
I was dressed to kill with a turtleneck, sweatshirt, lined windbreaker, leggings, windpants, 2 pairs of socks, headband, hat, and gloves. I probably was carrying another 7 pounds of clothing which explains my slow time. Yeah sure.

Anyway, this was at the fairgrounds in St. Paul where we found Mecca-

Seriously people, does one need anymore than wings, things n beer? I think not.

So the mascot is some famous bear thing which must show up every year because s/he seems to be pretty well known in this race

And here is my slow, slow finish. I was doing pretty well until the 4th lap. I was 34th out of 50 and I ran pretty close to the average time. Still......

So we came home after this, it was 14 degrees by the way, much warmer than predicted, took some junk food over the Blane (I did buy him a can of fruit), came home and continued watching football with some Badger Basketball thrown in.
Last but not least, this is what is on the knitting scene

The Great American Aran Afghan. It has photographed better than it looks in real life, I like that.

A sock and a glove

And a corrected quilt in which I sewed together the rows last night. More of all of this to follow.
Happy Weekend Everyone! Thanks for driving and taking pictures Dave

No comments: