Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scrap Therapy

Yesterday afternoon I went to scrap therapy at Pine Needles in Cresco. I had already been to software sampler in Racine. I just thought I'd do all the Pine Needles all the time. So I did.

Scrap Therapy is about cutting your scraps, boxing them, and having them ready to make stuff. You cut 5 inch, 3 1/2 inch, and 2 inch squares. From my watercolor days I had a bazillion 2 inch squares already. I have totes of fabric from the mid 90's on that need to be used (so I can buy more fabric). This is stash busting at its best. So yesterday was the cutting class.

These are the boxes with some scraps that Marsha, our teacher (and owner of the store with her daughter Suzie -also talented quilters and all around nice girls) had cut up.


These are the 5 inch squares


These are 3 1/2 inch and two inch. We got a box with the class but I am afraid I am going to need a couple of more boxes. I also bought a bag pattern I can use with the scraps.

Here are the girls, busily ironing and cutting upstairs in class. The nice thing about scrap therapy is if it is getting too late to sew or knit with a clear head, you can cut scraps.
Here is Marsha on the ironing portion of our therapy
And here are Marsha and Suzie working hard to make Pine Needles run smoothly!


Although I am still wondering how I got to be #5 on the Mystery Quilt list when they know I am always #1.
Oh well. It was fun and I had a little shopping spree to boot. Mystery Quilt-here I come!

No comments: