Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Holy Cal Worthington and his dog Spot

First and formost of all-

A big shout out to Graaampaa who is officially older as of today. Happy Birthday Graampa. Card and gift in the mail-



Now for the rest of the story:

So today I was listening to NPR which is brought to me by MPR. Suddenly they were doing a spoiler about the upcoming story on Cal Worthington. Since I am from Washington and not Minnesota, I had to ask Dave-"Did you have Cal Worthington here?" to which he answered "Never heard of him" and continued on his morning prep schedule.

I was so curious I had to turn the radio up and listen. Cal is still selling cars in California, although he is in his late 80's now. I had completely forgotten the "Go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal" song. Oh back in the day....

Please listen to the story-you can find it here. Really, listen to it and it will bring back memories of time gone by. Are there still commercials out there like this?

No comments: