Monday, January 5, 2009

In which Dave's Birthday almost kills me

Well, Dave turned 55 years old yesterday. The celebration lasted for 2 days. We ate almost a whole quarter sheet cake

And drank some beers and other liquors.....

Dave was feeling no pain. We watched football and imbibed.




He wanted a wallet so that's what he got, along with a DVD he wanted (that is coming in the mail). He is a little blurry opening his wallet, but I think we were blurry by then.


So now the weekend is over and we are back on the strict diets. Well, I have been on the strict diet since the beginning of December. It is hard to stay on the strict diet through the holidays but I didn't do too badly. I have to say that cutting out sugar made me feel much better. And I cut out all sugar. It is hell for sure as my love for cake and cookies is legendary.
Dave is joining the gym so we can go there on the weekends instead of eating and drinking. I think.

I took some pictures of the baby hat and a quilt on the wall.
There is an error in it! Can you see? I don't know how I have had it up for so long and not noticed, but in the 2nd row from the bottom on the right there is a dark strip. That should be light. So I switched it with the light strip 2nd row from the top center and now all is well. I just haven't taken a new picture yet.

Here is my baby hat which you can't see very well. It is from Homespun Handknit, edited by Linda Ligon from Interweave Press. It is patterns of caps, socks, mittens and gloves. This is the baby lace set by Carol Rhoades. The yarn is Malabrigo lace wt. It has a star pattern on the top and then lace on the sides. I didn't have the right needles so I had to improvise a little. I am (im)patiently waiting for the pregnant women to deliver so I can try it on an actual baby.
Happy Birthday Dave.

No comments: