Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wanda Retires

It has come to my attention I am a bit behind on the blog. It has also come to my attention that the last blog post had HUGE font. Is it my eyesight or what? OK, I am on the font size now.

Wanda, our supervisor, retired June 4th. This is how it went down.

We decorated the room in a quilting picnic theme and brought in the food-including 3 cakes. My kind of party

DSC00231

            DSC00234

See Laura waving Hi? She is at loose ends because, as you can see, no babies.

 DSC00232DSC00233

Here are the interpreters. Well, Hannah and Yasmine. Part of the interpreter crew. Aren’t they cute? I take pictures of them at every party. Yasmine is having a baby in September. Laura is eagerly awaiting. And so am I.

DSC00235

Dan, the head of our dept, Wanda, and Nancy Hicks. Nancy wrote a hilarious poem for the show. Very impressive.

Wanda is going on an Alaskan cruise so they had a PowerPoint show taken from Ali’s pictures with Wanda’s head stuck in each picture. That also was very good.

 DSC00236DSC00237

Corrine, Charity, and Jennifer from SS put on a little skit.

All in all, a pretty good party. If you need a party, please call Preventative Health, as we are getting pretty darn good at it.

No comments: