Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Tree Goes Up

Yesterday, after shopping at the near empty mall, Dave started on the fake Christmas tree. I swore I would never have a fake tree (where is the pine smell, the dropping needles, the bare spot one has to hide?). The plan was to have this one downstairs, where we spend most of our time, and a real one upstairs. But now that we have this one up, a real one seems like an awful lot of work. So we'll see if next weekend we get a small real one, or just go with this one. It started out like this:



Dave totally got into the groove of decorating whilst I and the dogs observed.






See how excited Trixie is? She is doing her princess and the pea thing, resting on about 10 layers of blankets. The only thing better would have been if I had covered her up. But that is another story.



See how excited Dave is to be doing his thing here? He is really excited because last year, after Christmas, he went to Hobby Lobby and got the tree for 8 bucks, and a ton of ornaments and garlands each for under a dollar. He showed me every one and then told me how much he paid and how much he saved. It was a huge thrill for him.



However, after about 15 of those exciting and stirring price saving revalations, Beta and I both felt about like this:




Although I think Beta looks more interested than I did.
So here is the blurry tree this AM. More and better pictures to follow.

Pretty cool huh?

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Ah, I see you have 2 doggies too... Gorgeous Dogs (Beta & Trixie). I have 3 (Max, Gigi & Chloe).