Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to Normal

Well, as normal as it gets.

This week I am back home and back to work. Yippeee. Work is work.

I got a letter from my personal stylist, Katie, from Nordstrom. See what I mean? I had to send her an e-mail for some fall ideas….Please, someone stop me.

I also forgot to post a couple of pics from my vacation in Tacoma

DSC00396

Giant Hydrangias in the yard. And a rabbit.

DSC00400

Can you see him?

Last weekend Dave and I went for a walk around the big loop, as I call it. About 5 or so miles. These are some of the things we saw

DSC00452_edited-1 copy

I saw a bent over tree.

DSC00454

Some fields with grey clouds

DSC00457 

An old Bridge

And some yellow flowers

 DSC00458

DSC00459

They looked more yellow when I took the picture

This week I had to take Elvin, aka Yeltsin, aka Bodie (don’t even ask) to the vet because she had a bad tooth. This started a long and potentially brain injuring conversation with Laura.

Anyway, I told Laura that my feline had a bad canine at which we  laughed and laughed. That’s what I love about Laura, she laughs at my jokes. She also sent me the funniest Random Thoughts of the Day I have ever read.

For example, “There’s a great need for a sarcasm font”, or “Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong” or “’Do not machine wash or tumble dry’ means I will never wash this ever”.

Or, this one, which happened to us on Friday afternoon around 3:30 PM-

“You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you’ve made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anything productive for the rest of the day”.

So, about the cat, which segued into a conversation about Snaggletooth, who is really Snagglepuss.

File:Snagglepuss.jpg 

We looked it up just to be sure, which eventually led to Laura’s exiting stage left.

See what I mean? Who can follow this kind of train of thought, which we like to call our stream of consciousness conversations, which usually render the people around us unconscious.

Dang-ok, the cat. Elvin had a bad canine-seriously, she did. Actually she had 2 bad canines-upper left, lower right. Which are now extracted to the tune of about 250 dollars. Oh well. I think Yeltsie is feeling better without those painful teeth, although she never complained.

DSC00320

She is too mad at me this AM to get a new picture (because of the pills and liquid pain meds I have to give her) so here’s a picture of her from the 4th of July. Too bad you can’t see her stubby tail which she lost about 6 years ago. This cat is very unlucky. But she is cute.

Lastly, but not leastly, this week at work Ali said she was bringing Chase in and we got all excited and then she didn’t. We were crushed. She promises a visit this week so hopefully there’ll be some new pics. Angie is getting a new car or something. Patrick stopped by (he’s off for a month on family medical leave). They are on the way to Lake Okaboji or Okajobi or something like that in Iowa.

Today (8/23) is Laura’s birthday so next week is lunch on Tuesday for her birthday. Should be some blogging about that.

Happy birthday Laura-thanks for laughing at my jokes.

DSC00359 - Copy

No comments: