Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Fourth of July

The fourth of July happened this weekend. It was a pretty good one. I spent most of Friday cleaning up for the family gathering next weekend. Like the house will stay clean that long, but I am giving it a good try. I don’t think we will accumulate 3 months worth of dust by then, like we had before I started cleaning.

By the evening we were ready for a little R&R. We decided to relax on the deck. With the zoo. Which seems to follow us where ever we go.

DSC00319

Here’s what we were looking at. Much greener than the last picture I posted on the blog, which was a brown spring picture.

My view, however, was soon obscured.

DSC00320

Hard to enjoy the scenery with this staring at you. I went out and got some catnip from the garden for a little cat fun.

DSC00321

                         DSC00323 

I thought maybe it would clear my view but, no, still blocked.

DSC00324

Only now she’s ignoring me.

I actually picked up Kitten and brought her out. Very scary.  She is trying to be hidden behind plastic see-through chairs. She has an issue about thinking no one can see here when she is out in plain sight. I suppose a cat brain is only about as big as a large grape…

DSC00327 

Beta posed again. He’s so good at it. Again, he thinks he’s pretty smart but he’s really wondering if he will be able to lick the grease off the barbeque later.

           DSC00325

Dave was enjoying himself.  I think. Either that or was having some sort of reaction to the beers he was drinking.

              DSC00322

He was master of his domain.

           DSC00328

On Saturday Dave painted all day (boring). I did nothing. It was a holiday after all.

We have the perfect fireworks view. Let me tell you, taking pictures of fireworks is very tricky. Especially with a little one shot camera.

I got quite a few like this

DSC00337

Timing is everything and could the neighbors please turn off their lights?

OK, after some practice I got these

              DSC00340

DSC00350 

Timing is everything.

DSC00332

I also took some of the full moon

DSC00351 DSC00355

Which also took some doing since the moon is behind clouds.

DSC00356

There-you can barely see it but it’s there.

And that was the Fourth of July.

No comments: