Sunday, December 20, 2009

It’s the weekend before Christmas, and all through the house…..

What a busy weekend I have had.

Firstly, one of Dave’s coworkers asked if I could make a quilt for her mother for Christmas. She wanted a simple pattern so I picked a Turning Twenty. It’s pretty easy and sews up quickly. I took it to, where else, Pine Needles, where I also purchased all the fabric. They were having a deal in October and November that if you got your backing there the batting was free when they did the quilting. So I dropped it off on Nov 30th and got it back this week. Not a bad turnaround, eh?What a deal.

So yesterday, after I got home from shopping and getting my hair cut, I bound it  and it turned out quite nice, if I do say so myself.



I then wrote my Christmas letter and got all my cards done this AM. Will mail tomorrow and they might all arrive before Christmas. Now there’s a Christmas miracle. I also got Kate’s present ready to mail. Remember that?


Today I finished up the cards and then started working on the Cabin in the Stars. God that thing has more pieces than any quilt I have worked on in the past 10 years. The first quilt I ever made had a zillion little triangles too. This one is bringing back some memories.

Anyway, I have finished the log cabin blocks


A picture to remind you.

Today I got half of the 40 stars done


This is one of 20. You have to cut those triangle side blocks which makes the chopped star, but you have to be careful you don’t cut the background side, which is the light color. And I did 19 correctly. But guess what happened on #20? Yep, cut it on the wrong side and had to make up a new set to get the one I cut wrong. I decided that I should quit and do the other 20 tomorrow, if I get time. I thought I might have this done by Christmas, but think again. There is still more to cut AND a bunch of boarder blocks to sew. I am thinking mid Jan.

Meanwhile, Beta, who has a one eye and a bad Right Rear leg, now is limping on the Right Front leg. Pretty soon he’ll just be dragging himself on his stomach.


He’s on a little R&R here. We have him on bed rest, or should I say couch rest. That lump of blanket next to him is actually Trixie.


Yep, that’s her.

If you look closely….


I uncovered her head a little so you could see that she really is under there. She didn’t like it much so I covered her back up.

And Dave, well, he cleaned the floors yesterday so he could get a nap in today before that Packer Game. He wasn’t so hot on the picture thing.


Flattering, isn’t it?

I cleaned the bird cages so I did participate in the cleaning, don’t think I didn’t.

I baked some goodies for a few friends and tomorrow I get my car back and say good-bye to big pimpin’. WhooHoo! I plan to do some work in the AM (even though it is my day off), then get my car and do a little last minute shopping-not much, just a little.

For now, I think I’ll go watch the 2nd half of the game, and rest up from the weekend.

Oh, I almost forgot. Cora saw Santa a week or so ago and I don’t think she liked it all that much


Ok, it’s not so bad here but then things took a turn……


Angie says she really isn’t so keen on anyone with a big beard, just so you know. We still love our Cora.

Lindsey got some great family pictures with Morgan, but they are in the proof stage so I can’t steal copy them yet. She says she will update when she gets them ordered. Chase has been sick so I haven’t seen him nor Ali this past week. I guess that’s it for the baby update.

Now off to rest….

No comments: