Monday, June 25, 2012

Recap of the Week’s Events

Maybe not specifically this week, but some week.

June 15th and 16th I was at the Minnesota Quilters Quilt Show. They had some sweet quilts. The 15th I was there with my friend Jill, and the 16th I was there working for Pine Needles. I must say I have a new respect for the quilt show workers who go from town to town to town….Whoa. Of course, they are likely more organized than those of us that do it every once in a while.

Anyway, I took some pictures (yes, I know, duh). My favorite section was the cow themed quilts.

Seriously-

De-Calf

IMG_0515

How Now Brown Cow

IMG_0512 - Copy

The Grass is Always Greener

 IMG_0513

And my personal favorite-Cowman Miranda

IMG_0514

I know-really can’t go wrong with a cow quilt-unless-

It’s a quilt with a cat on it.

IMG_0511

No?

Or what about this one? It gives me a start every time.

IMG_0516

I KNOW it. It really isn’t a cat coming out of the wall at you, although with the right combination of drugs anything could happen here. Amazing.

Then there were just the clever as hell quilts.

IMG_0517

Such as the Minnesota Geological Survey quilt (who thinks of these things?)

Or this one

IMG_0510

I know, it looks like birds, only the other side was just as intricate (and of course I didn’t take a picture of that side to make my case, you’ll just have to believe me). Plus, that’s mostly stitchery. More than I have in me-right now anyway.

So that was the quilt show. I could have taken about a billion pictures-the quilts were beautiful and so original. But lucky for you I didn’t. It’d be like those family vacation pictures of someone elses vacation you have to sit through…..Or is that back in the day?

We also had a storm last week. So I took a picture of some mean spirited clouds

IMG_0506 IMG_0505

A little blurry. Still haven’t quite figured out the camera.

Either way, we survived.

But it was exhausting. Yeltsie was so tired that she fell asleep watching the birds.

IMG_0525

Or, maybe they were watching her.

No comments: