Monday, June 18, 2012

Blog and they will come.

Jeesh, I feel all irregular. The blog has been in and out and not at all on schedule.

But here I am on my Monday night. Blogging session is starting now.

Let’s see if I can remember what the hell has gone on here.

OK, lastly I was racing and sending Blane away and dodging his mean cat and picking up scattered pet barf.

Well, more and varied things have happened since then. (Although the barf hasn’t changed much, but more about that later.)

However, I just looked at the pictures and it may be that not that much actually happened at all. I mean, stuff happened, but mostly stuff I can’t repeat without being sued or fired.

I think, though, if I try really hard, I can come up with a few things that are blogable.

The weekend of June 9th we went to Northfield where my nephew Alex graduated from Carleton.

It was highly amusing. I’m also sure it was a proud moment for my sister’s family, but for me, amusing.

Since neither Blane nor Cody were there, I set up a little iPhone communiqué with Katie.

IMG_0033

Isn’t she cute? Our little look alike niece. Then we made Dave take a picture of us-that took a while.

IMG_0039

It started to get sunny after about an hour and, as we like to say here, it was hotter than balls. (This saying originally was the creation of my friend Nikki’s son. The same Nikki who gave my Blane the Swimsuit calendar when he was in about 8th grade. But that’s another story-and perhaps another glimpse into our somewhat strange life….)

Ok, back to the heat. It was hotter than balls but we survived.

IMG_0478

Here’s the graduate just after he graduated. Officially. I did one of those crazy aunt things where I ran up the aisle to get the picture. I am not proud. Plus, I’m used to being the member of the family that needs to either be ignored or explained or apologized for, so making a spectacle of myself comes quite naturally. Plus, other crazy parents and relatives were all up in the graduates grills, so hey, I was right at home.

But I did get better pictures-Here’s the proud family

IMG_0479 - Copy

Wait, that’s not the family, that’s the cap throwing part. I like that part the best.

OK, here’s the fam

IMG_0489

And the graduate with the famous geology cake

IMG_0492

That cake was sweet-and oh so delicious. As one of the cake panel of experts, I should know.

alex's cake

After the cake, what else was left? I make Dave take a picture of Martha and me, but not too satisfied with the results.

IMG_0493

Seriously? Did he not notice the shadows? We tried for sun but-sorry, those pictures are not really fit to print here. Well, ok, maybe one, but I warn you, it may not be suitable for small children.

IMG_0496

I had some serious hat hair going on. I had a baseball cap on for the last hour of the graduation because of the sun. Not so much for the hair.

In other news, Lyndsey and Morgan stopped by last week. And look and how our girl has grown.

IMG_0459

And, there’s another one on the way. Same with Angie. We are going to be raining babies in December. Get ready.

Lastly, at least for this week, Dave planted grass for the cats which was a big hit. See?

IMG_0499

IMG_0497

It’s his little piece of heaven. They have been throwing up grass ever since. Life is good.

Other things that happened that you’ll have to wait for until next week-

Quilt show. I went over on Friday with Jill and wow! There were some seriously original quilts. I especially liked the cow themed ones. I worked there for Pine Needles on Saturday. I really got an appreciation for those who make their lives travelling from show to show.

And Elvin (aka Yeltsin, otherwise known as the cat with no tail) got really tired looking at birds. Intriguing eh?

OK, off to finish up some important long distance paperwork.

The blog is back.

No comments: