Monday, June 20, 2011

Lookin’ Smarter all the Time

I got new glasses last week. I got big black glasses because I am trying to look smarter.

DSC00843 DSC00845

Think it’s workin’ yet?

I realized that taking a picture of myself is not as easy as it looks.

Last weekend, I went to the Minnesota Quilt Show. I went up on Friday and stayed with my friend Jill. We had delicious Indian dinner and hung out at her place.

The next day it was off to St. Paul River Centre

dsc00900

(view from the Skyway) to see the show.

DSC00822

There’s a piece of it. And Jill, making the grand entrance. Actually, she wasn’t being that grand, I just had to capture her while she was captive because she tends to shy from the camera.

DSC00823

The quilts were completely AWESOME! Jeez. The creativity and imagination of these people is beyond my comprehension. As one of the other spectators said “I can execute, I just can’t think it up”. I hear ya sister.

DSC00825 See that? It’s this

DSC00826

Yo. Or this

DSC00827

That’s a giant quilt, not a square.

Sigh. I really like the smaller quilts this year. Like this one.

Doggy DayCare

DSC00834

DSC00835

This one reminded me of Blane

DSC00836

And this was one of my favorites

DSC00837

Is that not cool or what? Of course, my crappy camera doesn’t nearly capture it.

The River Crossing Our Borders was also a favorite. It was a group of people quilting what the river meant to them. It was then put together to form the whole. I loved it.

DSC00841

DSC00842

It really helps to click on the pictures to make it bigger.

What can I say, it was a splendiferous time.

Jill and I then headed back to her place, where our next plan is to dye the yarn she ordered the night before. Maybe when I get back from vacation. I can’t wait to try that.

So, I left her house around noon or so. I was on the way down the road when my friend Kari called, asking me if I was still in town. Well, of course, since I hadn’t seen her in about 10 months, I said I was and we had a impromptu meeting at Applebees. Gosh it was good to see her, and good to have a weekend with friends. I don’t know why I didn’t get  a picture of her too. Oh well.

I drove home through the pouring rain until about 40 miles from home when it turned dry, humid and sunny.

On Sunday, after I got up, had some pancakes, cut some fabric for a shop project, I ran 8 miles with Dave on the bike, and realized that my flowers are blooming.

DSC00855 DSC00848 DSC00851

See, here’s my wildflower garden with the birdfeeders, but wait-what’s that in the background?

DSC00854

It’s Yeltsie! She’s birdwatching. And probably really impressed by my new black glasses.

DSC00853

I got some new pictures just today.

100_0235

This is Goober. What a name. I don’t even know if it’s a boy or girl. This little cow will never be as smart as my Twinkles, but I am starting to get interested. Plus, I love those weird black eyes.

Laura’s mom is all about this cow too. Note the thumb in his/her mouth. Actually in both pictures. Twinkles would have never fallen for the thumb trick.

100_0238

And look, Laura loves this cow too!

100_0236

Although there is something a little forced about that smile. And is she holding onto that little cow’s neck rather tightly? I don’t see her letting this little cow suck her thumb. Hmmm.

Well, I am starting a collection of Laura and Cow pictures. I now have two priceless masterpieces.

I found this online the other day. Actually I found it on Ravelry and then online. I think it might be something to think about, and it goes like this

“Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes? Yeah, me neither.”

Just sayin’

Now-go hug a cow. 

 

No comments: