Monday, January 17, 2011

Moving Forward

Ah yes. Moving forward. New year, new things. It was a truly long holiday, that is for sure. Last I heard, Cody was renting a new apartment and moving this week. Then he was off to La Quinta, by Palm Springs for a little R & R. Must be nice. I got my plane tickets for Vegas for Feb 17th. Ahhh, it will be nice to see some bare ground for a change. It seems the worst is over, and it’s getting brighter everyday.

And snowier. I shoveled  more today. I am running out of places to put snow and have had to resort to the wheelbarrow-again.

Today is a work holiday, Martin Luther King day; one of the perks of a government job. So it is a short week this week, and next week as I flex a day. WooHoo. Already dreading work tomorrow. But that’s another story.

In the meantime, work was ok late last week when our Tater Pie came to visit.

 DSC00402 Look at how big that girl is getting. She is walking now. She wasn’t too sure about all of us standing around staring at her. Laura came up and got her smiling with a little peek-a-boo.

This weekend I have been working on a quilt to give as a housewarming gift. I had the top done forever.


I decided to burn up some stash for the back, instead of buying 8 more yards of fabric. So, I made up a quick Turning Twenty in browns, so the quilt will match all decor.


It only took about a day to make this top. Any and all delays in manufacturing were the direct result of this:


Jack cannot be out of your face whatever the occasion. Started Saturday PM when I was trying to do some computer work.


He sat on the mouse first, then stretched out and pushed my letter holder off onto Dave’s desk. Only the beginning.

I then decided to get this quilt thing done-got the fabric out and cut Saturday PM, and finished cutting and started sewing Sunday.

This is what I put up with.


This was a favorite spot throughout the day.


DSC00424  DSC00426

It was constant. And Jack is not exactly a light dainty cat to be moving around.

I tried putting him in his bag, but he lost interest and pretended to ignore me while sitting on the milking stool.

DSC00416 DSC00418

He then ran over to the table and knocked the little garbage can onto the floor.



This morning when I got up to finish the last part of the quilt, I found this


Look closer


Does that look like garbage to you? Does it look like the garbage that came out of this bag?


With some more garbage in front of it? Hmmmmm. Let’s see. I wonder how THAT happened? So, I had to get the broom and clean that up before I could start sewing. See what I mean?  It is freakin’ endless.

I finally got done this AM and took top and bottom to the quilt store. I also stopped at Kristen’s Knits to pick up a few skeins of Noro for the wrap me up. The roads were crappy this morning and I saw cars in the ditch and an accident by Eyota. I didn’t have any problems.

And did anyone notice the Packers are a step away from going to the Superbowl? Fabulous.

The Seahawks? Not so much. It would have been tough, though, having to root for both the Packers and the Seahawks in the same game.

So, back to business. Gotta go and knit on my KAL socks. On to instruction #3 and I am not quite done with #2-

Happy Week!


No comments: