Sunday, January 9, 2011

Go Pack Go!

Seriously, the Seahawks won last night. They won. I’m still pinching myself to make sure it’s not a dream.

Living the high life

And why I didn’t make some book on this game is beyond me. The odds were something like 50:1. Dang it. But soo happy. Today is the Packers and the Eagles.

Let’s hope we can have two wins this weekend. I’d hate to see the Eagles win. Not a big fan of Mike Vick, no matter what anyone says, or how much he says he’s changed. Plus, I really like that Aaron Rodgers. I hope he remembers to slide this week.

Cody went back to school last weekend. We did go to Sushi Tango and yum, it was delish. We got another picture in before he left because the picture at the table….not so much.

DSC00372

It’s kinda blurry because Dave took the picture. Enough said.

Blane left the next day, after we watched the Seahawks beat the Rams. I was sad to see them go, but there were some in the household that  were quite happy to see the end of it….

DSC00374

Uh huh. That is not a happy face. (Just to be clear-I am talking about Jack).

Dave turned 50 something on Tuesday. (Not trying to be cute, I really can’t remember and shouldn’t have to think that hard right now).

DSC00376

There’s a bad picture. How about this one

DSC00378

If you click on it and make it bigger, you can read the funny card I got him. We had a nice dinner and chocolate cake.

Cora’s birthday party was yesterday.

DSC00394

It was quite the party. Ali and Chase were there

DSC00388

Morgan was there too, but she didn’t want to be held by us too much.

DSC00383

She did have a good time though.

Cora got some good stuff-

 DSC00392

DSC00385

But the best thing was the Gator, which all the kids seemed to know about, but I had to Google when Angie told me about it.

DSC00393

Check it out. That thing can go 4.5 mph. Laura (who was also there) and I were all about getting into it and taking off. However, it looks bad when we are shoving little kids out of the way so we can play with their stuff, so we held back. This time.

This party was also all things Dora. Dora is quite the deal. We had Ninja Turtles when my boys were little. Laura was kind enough to sing part of the theme song for me, and to name all the Turtles and ancillary characters. I have go to figure out a way to make some cash out of Laura’s memory for all things trivial. Seriously. It’s a gift.

Dave’s boys were over and I got a group shot of them. Note that when I take the picture, it is not blurry.

DSC00401

On the home front today, it’s cold outside. My thermometer on my computer says 4. That’s 4 BELOW zero.

I am busy working on my Skacel KAL. Got the second instructions, and hope to finish this week’s part during the Packer game. Started a new BOTM at the knitting store-the Wrap Me Up shawl.

I know, the model doesn’t look very thrilled. I am knitting it in Noro silk garden and I think it is going to be very fun to do. Much better than the GAAA. Which, by the way, I blessedly only have two squares left.

So I am off this AM to finish up the a Thimbleberry wall hanging, then I am going to make a Turning 20 to use for a back on a square in a square quilt I made a couple or so years ago.

Turning Twenty Original Fat Quarter Quilt Pattern

This will make a good back, the quilt will be two sided, and will use up a bunch of stash. WooHoo.

Have a great week all, and don’t forget-Go Pack Go!

No comments: