Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Hello to all, and Happy Holidays too-

I have so much to blog and so little time. Well, actually, so little furniture since my furniture has decided that the move during the holidays was just too stressful  and so, as a collective group, vetoed the whole thing and is remaining in Minnesota for the foreseeable future.

Luckily for me, the clock started ticking today. So, after December 24th, every day my furniture and I remain parted, it costs United Van Lines 100 dollars. At this rate, my move will be free. It’s not like we didn’t give them months advance notice.

It’s kind of confusing, like at Umpqua bank last weekend, when they didn’t want to take a check for 18,000 from US Bank. Really, they said they didn’t want us to open an account, and that we could take the money elsewhere. Seriously. It remains a question for customer service. Which I’ll be asking soon. I want to ask the movers some pointed questions too, but they still have my furniture so I think conversations with them should be limited to “Good Day and Thank You”, and probably not what I would like to say while I am sitting on a folding camp chair typing on a desk consisting of two cardboard boxes and a shelf from the kitchen, admiring my suitcases full of clothing.

But hey, it’s Christmas, right? And it could be worse. I could be out of a job, homeless, cold, hungry and wet. And I’m not. So for that I am thankful.

So to all my friends and family, Happy holidays and all. And I will catch everyone up by the end of the week. I promise. There are some pretty good moving stories coming out of this. 

Thinking of all of you out there and sending the best wishes for now, and the new year.

Let’s make it a good one.

scan0003

The boys, 26 years ago.   

No comments: