Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shop Hoppin’

Well, this weekend I had an adventure for sure.

Really I had an adventure all this week. And it worked out like this-

I looked at houses Monday but didn’t really see anything I liked. There were a couple of funky ones but in reality, I have to spend more money. I am still getting a pretty teeny house, but at least it isn’t the original 1962 kitchen and carpet, and it’s out of the ghetto.

So Tuesday I went to Portland for work. (Put a Bird on it). This is the view from the offices I was working in.

IMG_1139 IMG_1138

This would be the Fremont Bridge over the Willamette

IMG_1141

I mean seriously. I have a cubicle……No windows anymore. There is a window on the other side of the room so there is daylight, just no window where I sit. So this would be hard to give up if I worked here….

On Wednesday, I looked at a couple of more houses. One I sort of liked and then one I fell in love with. An old funky house that was just too cool. Realtor said there was another offer but they didn’t have financing so it would be mine if I wanted it. Went home, called Dave, sent the realtor an e-mail saying I wanted it and he said great we’d meet the next day. However, the next day, Thursday, he called and said that the house wasn’t mine and the other offer had 3 days, until Monday, to come up with financing. I was crushed and devastated. I had posted it on Facebook for God’s sake, and told everybody. So I told said realtor, we’ll call him Mr. Man, (because we do call him Mr Man) that I was going out of town and we had to get going and I was upset and blah blah. He said go out of town and he’d get me a house and all would be well. Easier said than done.

So, even though I was upset and had a heavy heart, I decided my weekend adventure was the thing to do and I was on my way to the SW Washington Shop Hop with Debbie. We had already done the two Tacoma area stores-I was on my way to 14 more.

Friday I went to Seattle for a meeting, then found my way to Fauntleroy to catch the Fauntleroy/Southworth Ferry.

 IMG_1146

View from the dock. Nice time for a road trip as the leaves are just changing.

IMG_1143 

Boat on the water

IMG_1147

And on the Ferry-

IMG_1153

IMG_1159 IMG_1154

It was a bit foggy and rainy, but I love me a good boat ride. What a great way to travel. And it cut about 60 miles off the trip-and countless stops on I-5.

I got to Debbie’s house on the island and the next day we were up and at ‘em to get to Vancouver and start hopping-

IMG_0183

She really is paying attention to driving down I-5. Really. No problems here. 

We spent all day going from Vancouver all the way to Orting and then Tacoma. We went 400 miles.

It’s a beautiful time of year to shop hop.

IMG_1167 IMG_1172 IMG_1176

Oh, and we went into a few (9) shops too-

IMG_1161 IMG_1162 IMG_1163

There was a big storm after we got home. But Sunday was pretty nice.

IMG_1183

IMG_1188

Since we hit an extra shop on Saturday, we only had three on Sunday and headed straight for the beach-

IMG_1197 IMG_1194

I love the beach. It was warm and not windy at all.

We wound our way back-again a beautiful day to travel-

IMG_1191

IMG_1192

We got done about 2, had lunch, and headed back to Tacoma to visit and look at more houses, since I lost (yes in the end I lost) the house I thought I bought. I found another one I like a lot, but have a bad feeling there isn’t going to be much I can do about that either. This house shit is going to kill me in the end. But I must say, it’s quite the diet and weight control, since I seem to have lost another 5 pounds.

On the lighter side, the cat came to visit. I don’t really know it’s name but decided to take a picture. And when I did, I though “huh, what d’ya know.”

IMG_1135

See that? Or do you….?

IMG_1136

Here’s to finding a house.

No comments: