Sunday, October 23, 2011

Reunions

Starting Friday, I’ve been busy meeting and greeting. I attended a pints and purls knitting get together at Whistle Binkings North. I saw old friends and met some new friends and knitters. That was fun, but I had to get home early and go to bed because we had plans for the next day.

Saturday we had a little all nurse nursing reunion at Winona State University, where I graduated in 2002. Next year it will be 10 years. What do you know….

Anyway, it was a big day. Mary, my running partner in crime, and I met up at the Warrior Waddle, a homecoming event for the last 4 years. There were a LOT of runners this year-over 500. I remember the first time I ran it there were about 40 people. I think there were over 500 this year. Really. It’s a 5K around the lake and I was second in my age division. I couldn’t believe it. I think it was easier to run because 1) I started out slow and increased speed instead of starting too fast and 2) the weather was cool and dry. That makes a huge difference. Either way, I had a good race, and Mary did too.

DSC01640 - Copy

Mary had a strong finish.

DSC01641 - Copy

The race started about 20 minutes late because of the crowd of people.

So we were a little late getting to our reunion.

We finally arrived and found our group, Lynn, Jenna and Betsy. We looked around the nursing department, found our graduation pictures, and then went out to watch the parade.

IMG00025-20111022-1057 

there was a dog

IMG00024-20111022-1055 

  and a blue grass band.

nursing reunion 2 

Here’s me, Betsy, Lynn and Mary watching the parade

nursing reunion

and me and Lynnie!

After the parade, we went and had a brat at the tailgate party.

 imagejpeg_2

Mary, me and Lynn….

IMG00026-20111022-1139

and our whole gang-Betsy, Jenna, Mary, me and Lynn.

We then got the bright idea of having a beer, since it was noon, and that started a bar crawl that lasted until about 4. Man, it’s been a very long time since I’ve done that.

 IMG00027-20111022-1502 IMG00028-20111022-1502

IMG00029-20111022-1505

I must say, a good time was had by all. We planned a winter retreat in January to relive the whole experience. We’ll see.

So today I rested up and watched the Packers beat the Vikings. The Seattle game was so boring they didn’t even show highlights of the game on the OT. Jeepers. The Packers looked bored. I was almost worried they might lose. But they weren’t that bored.

I got my swap Package from my swapner for the Starbucks Swap in Ravelry.

Sweet yarn-

 DSC01645

A knitted cowl and felted cup cozy, some fabric, scissors, honey sticks and tea, a notebook and scissors. And, of course, a gift card for the Starbucks.

DSC01647

I do enjoy a swap.

So now on to the next thing, which is my vacay to Vegas and points beyond-starting in a week and a half. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, enjoy the fall.

DSC01482

 

No comments: