Sunday, February 21, 2010

I got to hold a baby.

Last week I got an e-mail from Laura saying “I got to hold a baby”. And no sooner did I get that then look who showed up

DSC01126

It’s Lyndsey and Morgan,  the perpetually happy baby. Except for when I held her. Then, not so much.

DSC01129

Morgan is distracted by Cheryl and I pulled up my turtleneck so no one could see how many chins I really have.

DSC01130

See? Now she’s all nervous about things so I gave her back to Lyndsey, who, by the way, tells me her husband has a name. No, she does not call him red hard hat when they are home together. Although I don’t know why. She actually calls him Ryan.

So after I gave Morgan back she looked more like this

DSC01128

And this

DSC01132

Now come on! I am chuckling once again. And check out that little dress thing she is wearing. I would so wear that if it was in big person size.

That totally made my Friday.

I finished yet another quilt top-this one is also to be gifted.

This is half done

DSC01144

This is whole done

DSC01146

DSC01145

I like it. I used much of my own stash, but did buy Moda strips for the centers. This is the Superbowl Mystery Quilt that I started at the beginning of the month. Can you believe it’s done???? That’s gotta be a record.

I am supposed to be posting my birthday list, but I keep forgetting what it is I want. I already told Dave an electric tea kettle, which Cody doesn’t get at all. I’d like some of those cute baby clothes in my size but I fear it is an unrealistic expectation. I’ll have to put more consideration into it. It’s not like Dave is going to be getting out ahead of time to shop if the past is any indication.

I’ll keep thinking…..

No comments: