Monday, April 11, 2011

It is what it is

Last weekend my mood was just about like this

P1010287

Grey, brown, and blah.

We drove to Winona so I could get my hair cut (only OK) and look at the river, which is running high these days.

P1010292

P1010292 - Copy 

Don’t sit here.

P1010296

P1010296 - Copy

Potable? I do not think that word means what they think it means. At any rate, I’m not drinkin’ that water for a while.

Winona has lots of dikes which kept the waters at bay.

P1010298

It was just a little damp here at Levee Park.

And damp along the wetlands.

P1010305 - Copy

Which shouldn’t be surprising because, after all, they are the wetlands. I just think a little wetter than usual.

I was at Pine Needles last week, Serging-

DSC00593

The usual 4 Sergers plus Marcia. We are quite the group, I must say.

And on Sunday the temp was 81 degrees, with lots of humidity. Soupy atmosphere-a little taste of summer.

I’ve got green in the front now

P1010308

Up close-

P1010307 P1010306

And the heads made it through another winter

P1010315

Dave planted bulbs last fall and the first few are starting to bloom

P1010309

P1010310

The hillbilly’s are staking out some mystery project next door. Oh God. Dave thought it was a pool. Seriously? No.

P1010314

You’ll have to click to make that bigger to see the stakes are right up to the trampoline. I saw the neighbor out on his deck so I asked because I think that the unknown is just too frightening. I mean the trampoline was just too big of a shock-I can’t go through another one. Happily, they are staking out a garden AND are going to level their yard so the trampoline will be moving down the way a bit. Joy. I knew it wasn’t a pool.

Although, Dave and I had always wondered if the trampoline could be viewed from space-and guess what-

image

See it? Look closely-

Right in the middle of the screen-little round dot in the back yard of the second house to the right of the cross street. Click picture to make it bigger but I think if you look-you can see the trampoline from space.

I also have pictures of Twinkles and the apple-

100_0150

But I think it deserves a blog of its own, which shall be next week. I just thought I’d tantalize a little with this one. Look at my cute Twinkles. She knows Laura does not have the bovine love-that’s why she wouldn’t eat the apple. Twinkles is genius about these things. But more about that next time.

Lastly,

Some may doubt Jack’s influence over the blog, and his recurrent role in it, but let me show you again how he loves to blog.

DSC00591

He LOVES it.

Trixie, on the other hand, not so much

DSC00590

Stay dry.

No comments: