Monday, June 23, 2014

So Much Has Happened

I looked over my pictures and although I thought I was pretty well caught up I’m afraid that I still have a lot to tell. (This is kind of long, so you might want to go to the bathroom before you get started here, just saying)

For example, Grampa and I went gravespotting again.

First we went to the Multnomah Club to have delicious lunch, and to hand off the medals from Grampa Ainslie to the archivist, George Vogt.

Seems Grampa Ainslie was quite the handball player and his team won some world championship, and he won first place in singles.

IMG_2339

Then we went back to the cemetery to discuss future residence there.

 IMG_2344 IMG_2346

This is George Ainslie, Grampa Ainslie’s dad.

IMG_2351 IMG_2352

This is Ward Stevens. No idea. But he was born a long time ago in 1840. He’s a neighbor up there.

 IMG_2349

Nina asked me to make her some purses for Rosie’s friends for graduation presents so I made these

IMG_2360

Aren’t they cute, and they each have their little babies with them.

IMG_2364

Zippers and all.

Rosie graduated on the 13th.

IMG_2385IMG_2378

Yay. Here’s photographic proof of diploma receipt-

 IMG_2495

IMG_2499

I had a race the following day-the Sound to Narrows-

I took second place in my age group and I was VERY surprised.

 2014-06-22 21_46_25-ChronoTrack Live __ Roman Meal Sound to Narrows

I know, right?

IMG_0617

This kid beat me. Seriously. 

IMG_0618

Illegal parking at race.

I flaunt the law.

 IMG_0614

I didn’t stay to get my prize on account of I was sort of parked illegally. I worried about fires in the neighborhood and my car being the reason why they couldn’t be extinguished and spread throughout the municipality of the greater Tacoma area.

Not really. I had to go because Martha and I had to go to get our Yarn Crawl prizes and buy more yarn at Fancy Images Yarn. (We bought more yarn). (No one cares about fire when yarn’s at stake)

We also had lunch with Debbie AND went to a fabric store. I have no pictures though.

I looked at flowers last week, and stood this guy up. He’d been lying down all winter.

DSC00719

Is that St. Francis of Assisi? Maybe. Or not.

DSC00728

DSC00726

Father’s Day was in there and we went up to Edmonds. Supposed to take 58 minutes to go 50 miles. But it took us about, oh, twice that.

Why? Because Seattle. Doing time on I-5---no bail, no parole.

And this is the only picture. Jeesh. Don’t judge, I just spent a LOT of time on the I-5.

 DSC00734

I was down at Chamber’s Bay last week or so-nice clouds.

DSC00737

They gave me a cake last week because it was my last week in the office before the leaving to go to MN.

I told them-You know I’m not actually quitting-right? Seemed a little like a permanent good-bye. AND I am stopping by tomorrow (Monday 6/23) to pick up the name plate I forgot. I almost feel like I should sneak in so they don’t have to say good bye again. Jeesh.

DSC00738

My mug?

I finished a quilt too-Hard to see under all that dog…

IMG_0645

Finally, Saturday was the Rock n Roll, Seattle. Yay for us.

We walked. It was a big crowd-I think around 18,000.

Plus us-make that 18,005

It was a beautiful morning to go

IMG_0622

And check out the traffic….

IMG_0626

Here we are

Me, Tom, Martha, Julie and Dave. Not my Dave. He didn’t make it. Don’t even ask.

DSC00742

The bomb dog was there too.

DSC00745

Pre Race Selfies

IMG_0630 - Copy

The course was fabulous-I took so many pictures that to display  them would be like one of those bad vacation reels.

So highlights only-

Rainier Avenue

DSC00750

Giant Guy at the half way point.

IMG_0634

Elvis, bam, right there. With a megaphone.

IMG_0636

Lake Washington

DSC00752 

Seattle Skyline

DSC00754

Coming over the top-Sodo-where the magic happens.

IMG_0640

Waterfront

IMG_0641

And finish

IMG_0642

Yay for us!

IMG_0643

So, next week is the big move. Big move. Laura arrives on Tuesday so hold on to your hair. (As my sister said last week when we sped up to 30 on the hiway)

No good can come from my blog muse and I locked up in a car for 2.64 days. Or….can it?

Blog Muse-Machu Pichu

No comments: