Monday, July 18, 2011

Thinking..What was I thinking?

Last week, I somehow wore this to work.

DSC01067 I guess I must have been in my pastel mode. Even I was embarrassed by it once I woke up a little. I think I’ll stick to a nice white cotton shirt with my yellow pants. One person (Yolanda) said “I think you should probably lose the yellow pants” but another (Angie) said “But I like those yellow pants” I think it’s all about what you pair with it. And it won’t be this ugly blue shirt ever again.

So that being said, we had a big rain on Friday. Our street in front of the 2100 tends to flood and this was no exception. I was sure I had parked far enough up, and usually it was far enough up, however not this time.

DSC01031

Dang. So I waded out in my bare feet with the water almost up to my knees and the peanut gallery cheering me on.

DSC01029

I wondered if I was going to get the Dengue fever wading through the street, but at least I wasn’t this guy (or girl)

DSC01030 - Copy

That is a shame. They probably LOVED the fact I was standing knee deep in the street taking their picture. The cops had to come and perform a deep water rescue later. I got in my car and drove to higher ground.

The flood heralded hot weather on Saturday, and the only cure for that was to go knitting.

Here’s our little group. From right is Yolanda, me, Susan, Lorna and Barb, and on the bottom on the end is Anita.

DSC01032 DSC01033

The crap camera was strained on this photo. I just can’t get it right.

After this, I met up with Laura and we went shopping for Rachael A’s wedding (well, I shopped for that and we looked around for other stuff since we were very early. I even  killed some time at the Sprint store looking stupid having them help me download an app). We had several adventures and yelled at each other a bit (our normal voices, really) until we arrived here

DSC01034

Morgan’s Second Birthday Party.

She was a little overwhelmed by it all. But I think most of the two year olds had a pretty good time. I know Laura and I did.

DSC01044Here’s our group DSC01052 DSC01059

Cora and Morgan

DSC01062 DSC01063

Cora and Angie,                     Ali and Chase

DSC01065

Patty and a happy baby (I think a cousin of Morgan’s)

It was fun, but it sure was easier to take pictures of those babies when they didn’t move so much. I took a lot of pictures but most were blurry. Again, unless it is bright and still, my camera will take a very bad picture.

Lyndsey made a great Minnie Mouse cake. Yes, she made this herself. Talent.

DSC01043

Sunday I went out only long enough to pick some squash. It was hot and the air was liquid.

DSC01068

I worked downstairs on some projects. One of which is the “Nobody Says No to Baby” quilt for Katie-Dave’s niece who is the guardian of Baby (aka Keelee)

DSC00938

This is Baby (that nobody says no to)

And this is the Minke quilt

DSC01079

I have it sewn, I need to get the binding and back. Then it will be done.

While sitting at the desk I could hear all sorts of noise coming from here.

DSC01073

When I looked inside, all I saw was this

DSC01070

But upon closer inspection…

DSC01069

Jack got stuck in a box. It’s unknown how this actually happened, but when I freed him, he stayed in the box. Whatev.

Then, after he finally came out, this happened.

DSC01077

I think Elvin was considering a sneak attack.

Dave, meanwhile, was oblivious watching the last episode of Fringe on his computer. He asked me about Peter Bishop today, but I have no idea who he’s talking about…….

DSC01074

Laura asked me where his hand pillow was, but Dave says he was ridiculed enough by getting his head/neck pillow out. Plus, his hand pillow is now doubling as his ice cream bowl pillow. It’s all in a day’s work. Or not, depending on if you are Dave.

By the way, on the 6 PM news today the heat index was 115 in Rochester, but it was down from 116 so we felt lucky.

And, last, but not least, as Jon Stewart would say

Here is your moment of Zen

 

No comments: