Monday, February 28, 2011

It’s almost March

March, it’s a big month. For starters-it’s my birthday! But secondly, it’s the Iditarod

Which always reminds me of when I first moved to Alaska in 1986 or so. Because the Iditarod started right after I got there, which also means it must have been right around my birthday. I had never heard of this race before but I know it now. It’s a sure sign of spring. There are all sorts of Iditarod themed things-on Ravelry it’s the Iknitarod 2011. What can I say? My favorite song-“I did, I did, I did the Iditarod trail”

Besides that, this week I went to two yarn stores-

I finally went to Yarnology in Winona

P1010281 (2)

It was snowing. Again.

After that, we went an d picked up Blaney at his apt-

P1010285 (2)

That’s his balcony on the second floor.

P1010282 (2)

And here’s the living room. I could put up more pictures but seriously, enough of the apartment.

Sunday I met up with my Ravelry friend Jill. We went over to Cannon Falls because it was half way between us. We had a little brunch and cruised over to What in Yarnation, where I March’s Trekking Yarn for next month’s KAL

P1010289

Here we are. Jill was a little resistant to the picture but I made her anyway.

P1010288

We also cruised over to the fabric store for a look-see. I didn’t need too much but did pick up a little something. I had a lot of fun.

So, speaking of next month’s KAL, here’s the finished product for February

P1010287

Fingerless mitts on the snow.

I got a few more Vegas pictures from Debbie

IMG_3103

IMG_3097 - Copy

IMG_3096

IMG_3114 

Not sure what we are thinking about, but we hung on that reclining couch for quite a while. Sweeeet.

Lastly,I meant to post my orchid. It’s been blooming. Graampa’s bloomed too, but it isn’t quite as purple.

DSC00481

My orchid

!cid_63D67FE0FC234FDF81E10A2037B972F0@LAPTOP

Graaampa’s orchid.

Next to the Iditarod, it makes me feel like spring is almost here.

1 comment:

caillie said...

I love that orchid!