Monday, June 21, 2010

Stormy Weather

Last week was a little unsettled weather wise in Minnesota. Tornadoes, wind, and rain on Thursday made for an exciting evening. Well, probably not so exciting for the poor people who lost houses or roofs or things like that.

This is what it looked like in Albert Lea, about 77 miles southwest of here. (Picture courtesy of


We were a little concerned to see this storm coming our way, but by the time it reached St. Charles there was none of this. Just winds up to 70 mph and 1 1/2 inches of rain. We came out unscathed, although there’s probably a spot on our roof we can’t see that is completely devoid of shingles. We’ll find out the hard way in about 3 months when part of the ceiling, being saturated by the leaking water, falls loudly to the floor. That’d shake up a few cats.

Saturday was the BK5K. Scott, Mary, and I lined up at the start for a pre race picture.


Fairly hot and sunny. Both Mary and I took 3rd in our age. Which is old, although I am happy to say Mary is older than me! We didn’t get a prize because they only did 1st and 2nd. The second place finisher was 9 seconds in front of me. Dang it. Oh well.  I was 3 out of 18 for my age, so that’s ok. It was fun and I felt pretty good.  A little windy on the last stretch.



Here we are, Me and Mary. I don’t know what happened to Scott. He just showed up at the finish line.

Saturday night we went to Pescara in Rochester for our anniversary, which is the 21st (today!). It was delicious. Thanks for the gift card Cody.


I think it could be the new nice place to eat, although a little spendy. However, now that I know how it works, we don’t have to order quite as much food next time. But I highly recommend it if you want a really nice place to eat.

Sunday was a rest day. But not really. I woke up with a runny nose and cold symptoms, although I didn’t feel like I had a cold at all. Allergies were suggested, although I don’t know how that could be as I have never had them before. So I think it was an aberration.

I managed to run 10 miles, with Dave on bike. Clean the house, fix my computer problem, do some quilting,  make pancakes for dinner and call Graampaa for father’s day.

After dinner we went for a little drive with the dogs (to check my mileage when I run). This morning when we went across this bridge we caused a stampede of horses down the creek. If only we’d had the camera then. Dave took a few shots of the scenery, which I have blogged before



And me with dogs, who we took along.


After the ride I managed to get a little knitting in, and watch Miss Marple. Then I was exhausted. The nose cleared up enough to let me sleep all night long. WooHoo. Today-health has been restored, I think.

Grampa sent a few bird pictures. My sister keeps saying it is “June-uary” in the Seattle/Tacoma area, and that has kept the bird cam indoors. But he got a few last week.


WSBC0815 WSBC0758

That crow looks just a bit angry and mean spirited.

Lastly, this morning I was on Facebook and I had to steal this picture.


Seriously, is Cora embracing her inner diva-ness or what? Click on the picture to make it bigger, and note the painted toenails. I love it. (Thanks Angie, for letting me steal your picture!)

Happy 7th Anniversary Dave. Enjoy the Solstice.

No comments: