Monday, June 3, 2013

Still Strolling Down Memory Lane

There is a new project emerging over at the G-pa’s now. It’s called going through a zillion slide to organize, scan and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. For example, the bazillion slides of cutting down trees in the forest? Not so much. But the slides of how cute I was as a baby? Priceless-

img136

And also a wee bit pudgy. But am I not rocking the mohawk?

img137

img130

My poor cousin Jane Ann, lumbering under the weight of supporting my massive baby bulk. That would be from left, my Aunt Jane holding my cousin David, then, cut off, my cousin Lloyde behing me and Jane Ann, then Grandma Kalahan, and my two sisters, Debbie and Martha, and cut off again is Grampa Kalahan. I think, though, in the slide they aren’t really cut off, so not sure why they scanned that way. But as long as I am visible, well, that’s what’s important isn’t it?

However, many of the pictures we looked at yesterday were of my sisters, because they are quite old were born first and had a LOT more years of pictures taken.

img140

img153

 img155

img133

My favorites are the beach series though-

img145 img143

The top ones are in Oregon (Coos Bay) and below we think is in Washington.

img124

Sigh. And then Mother, with an unidentified friend-

img135

And a few years later, with Hunter (aka Buntie), the dog who loved only her…..

img134

(Oh and by the way, I believe I just used that Cuisinart yesterday)

In current news-

I ran a trail race yesterday. Believe me-it was almost all mental-me telling myself I can keep going, I can keep going. I forgot that hills on a trail are much steeper and more abrupt than the slow slog on the road. But finished strong and in under an hour (by 20 seconds but still…..) So happy about the whole thing.

DSC00223

I put this one in because that girl in front of me? Came out of no where at the finish line to pass me. Really? That’s the thing about grass, you can’t hear them coming.

Before the race, Dave got all distracted by what he referred to as a “tree hole”-

Me-what are you looking at?

Dave-that tree has a hole in it.

Me-what the hell are you looking at now?

Dave-the tree. it. has. a. hole. in. it. That’s a tree hole.

Me-oh god.

Documentation.

DSC00219 - Copy

I mean, really? The thing is, we were at least 50 feet from this and there were lots of people around and it was almost race time and this is what we are doing. And it’s not really all that impressive of an opening. (I almost titled this post Shut your tree hole, but decided on tact instead of juvenility-a word, by the way, that passes spell check)

The day before, Saturday, the nice and sunny day, not the misty cooler day, we drove out to Gig Harbor to get my race packet. The town was packed due to some sort of events going on (people dressed as pirates and children with musical instruments and cars on narrow streets-there were things going on there). I suggested we come back on a less busy day. Dave was very impressed.

Me-God it’s so busy here. Want to park some where and walk into town?

Dave-Not really, but I would like to come back on a less busy day and get my Gig on.

Me-We are leaving now.

IMG_1596

Crossing over to the other side…….

IMG_1598

On Friday at the Valencia across the street they decided to spruce up the curb with a little weed whacking and edge trimming-

IMG_1588 - Copy

Because weed whacking and edge trimming should always be done in heels and very tight pants.

And not for the squeamish but because I want to-Yeltsin had her shoulder cleaned up. She had an abscess that wouldn’t go away so we had to take her in. She was NOT happy, but feels better now.

IMG_1585

Oh, I guess it’s not that bad. Darn it. Thought I could spice up the blog with gore.

And another week over. Jeesh but they are flying by. The weekends especially. Still playing the Powerball like there is no tomorrow. Please let me win so I can retire, please oh please oh please.

I guess I better just get used to working…

IMG_1595

No comments: