Saturday, February 28, 2015

Quit Your Relentless Nagging

You know who you are—both of you. (And that would probably be my total readership-all two of them)

So, yes, I KNOW. It’s been a month. But again, in my defense, I’m busy. And, the thing is, I sit in my office for many, many hours a day because I work from home. So when the end of the day comes I am not really wanting to stay in my office and blog. I need to get away from the office. I suppose I could set up another office in the house so I could do my personal biz, but that seem like it would take oh so much effort for the both of you. So, I will try my best to keep up. Again.

Where did I leave off? Oh yeah, the Superbowl. Sigh. Must I go back through those painful days?

Well, actually, there was some fun that weekend I must say.

On Saturday  Pine Needles had a Downton Abby trunk show that featured me and my friend Lois as upstairs and downstairs. Gosh, it was sooo fun.

Oh yeah. It took me two dresses and countless accessories to look like this. Not to mention 36 bobby pins….

IMG_1087 IMG_1093

That was so fun. We served tea and cakes (ok donuts) and Connie T did a little spiel on the new fabrics and patterns, which you can see behind me a little bit. The ladies loved it.

The next day, Superbowl Sunday,  I taught a superbowl mystery quilt class that was done with Downton Fabrics.

IMG_1109

Can you see the groupers holding up their squares? It was the best bunch of people you could ask for a class.

IMG_1110 IMG_1111

You know how there’s always one in every crowd? Not with this group. They were all fabulous. Loved them.

Then there was the Superbowl. We were so deflated from the Packer Loss (capital letters, loss in the last 3 damn minutes-then in OT-Gawd) that we were sort of “whatev”. My sister was at the game though. It was a beautiful Arizona day-

20150201_131448

They are obviously novices at the selfie. I told them they need to take from above—Tom says Martha is too short. That could be true but still.

I was dressed up a little--

IMG_1112

And as we all know-Seattle had a problem winning that game. We already had practice being deflated so we knew how to take it.

IMG_2918 Losing game and drinking beer-still stinging over Packer loss….

Jack, however, enjoyed the game to no end.

IMG_2909 WINNING!

IMG_2908 What just happened?

Jack does not like Tom Brady. Just saying.

It wasn’t long after that I left for Seattle to spend a few days in Tacoma and then off to Stitches West. Sigh.

I flew first class. It was heavenly. It’s all about the first class experience. It’s like you’re not even flying.

I boarded the plane and at my seat were these leftover bottles of water. I’m like-wuuut? They didn’t clean up after the last trip?? Then I realized those bottles were for us. In first class. Such an amateur.

DSC00966 

Check out the leg room.

DSC00968

Those are my legs fully extended and not even under the seat. Lord.

They then handed out the little iPad things that you can watch films and TV shows on. I declined because I didn’t want to pay the 8 bucks. But wait, I’m in first class. It’s free. Jeepers. Seriously out of my realm.

I saw all the mountains down the way when we were close to Seattle

DSC00969

You can’t see them here but there’s St Helen’s, Adams, Washington, Jefferson, and even down to the Three Sisters. It was crazy. And if you are reading this and you know those mountains you will understand the total craziness of that. But if not, then skip this part which is too bad because you already read it.

In Tacoma I did a few things--

Went walking at Chambers Bay

DSC00976 

DSC00979

Saw some crows-

DSC00975

DSC00977

Worked a little and then took off for Stitches with my sister Martha!

Levi Stadium from our hotel. At the stadium they were making a big outdoor hockey rink. I don’t know why they had to make an outdoor one. Here, in MN, where hockey is played by real men, it’s all indoor because it 17 below out there. This outdoor stuff in 65-70 degree weather is not real hockey. Just saying.

DSC00982

We had a great time at Stitches with other knitters and the huge market place. OMG times 10.

A few of our purchases with some champers and sushi. Seriously. What more could a knitter ask for?

IMG_1130

Knitting with our peeps--

Except for my sister, these are girls I met online at Ravelry. Right? They are the most wonderful people you could ever meet. We spent a lot of time with our good friend Julie-you’ll see her in a few more of our pics.

IMG_1132 IMG_1133

I took a bad selfie with Ben Levisay, CEO of XRX, Sponsor of Stitches

IMG_1127

I said it was bad-I need longer arms.

We went to a fashion show and I won a sweater kit. It’s so cool but I don’t have a picture-yet.

IMG_1134

We went walking too-where I took better selfies-

IMG_1138

DSC00991 

DSC00992

That’s a Knit Swirl Martha has on. She had to knit it twice after an unfortunate miscalculation of stitches. Don’t dwell. Too soon.

DSC00993

IMG_1131

We had a knit outside too-pleasant Cali air

IMG_1141

Dirty phone cover makes cloudy picture…..

If you are on FB, Yarn Garden did a little film on Stitches. It’s pretty good and kinda funny and shows what the market has to offer. Well, a little piece of it anyway. I ate one of their brownies BTW.

We left later this day. Sadly, because Stitches is the best. The. Best.

DSC00995

Good Bye San Jose Airport…..

  And the next day, Sunday, I flew back to Minnesota and home.

See ya next time Seattle…

DSC01009

Saw mountains on the other side of the plane.

DSC01011 

Mount Baker

DSC01012

North Cascades

It was a super busy trip and I was glad to be home.

Because when you come right down to it home is the best. Even if it’s cold and snowy. It’s quiet and not crowded and I am not fighting traffic and I have everything I need.

Beautiful Sunset out the back door.

IMG_2925

And last, but not least,

Abby, so graciously participating in a play on words.

Well, maybe not that graciously.

IMG_1125

Off to photograph some Finished Objects and other stuff so I will have blog fodder in a more timely manner. Oh, and go up to the cities for Prairie Home with guest star Brandi Carlile. And start a new knitting class. And finish a quilt. And go to Grand Forks next weekend, and start the next dance class.

Um, about that timely manner statement……

No comments: