Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Tribute

I am this close to vacay. On my way to Seattle Washington. Then a wee bit south to Tacoma where I believe a move happened a week or so ago.

It went from here

IMG_0077 IMG_0076

To here

IMG_0078

I understand it was exhausting as evidenced by my sister Martha at 12 hours in. I know.

IMG_0074

She is talking to me.

But never fear because although Martha has collapsed on the deck, these two are still getting their wine on.

IMG_0075

(Martha, in the mirror, resuming an upright position)

I think once it was all said, but not nearly all done, there was some sort of mass loss of cognitive function because I got two days of streaming texts-something like this:

IMG_0072  IMG_0070 IMG_0071 IMG_0068

I know. I wasn't too concerned thinking that possibly my sisters were somewhat under control.

Then I realized that Debbie was instigating this whole hat extravaganza, and Martha was hopelessly entrenched.

IMG_0067

..the hell? Seriously people. Although Martha is looking positively Out of Africa-ish. Safari anyone?

But all was back to normal in a few hours.

IMG_0069

Wine up, Grammas, wine up.

(Note a little start of hordage to the right-just sayin’)

On another topic-totally unrelated but kind of related to the tribute in the title of my blog-which actually is the title. (I love those long sentences. Just love them. You should hear my voicemails-really, stream of consciousness like no other-one long run of unrelated thought after another. Like that sentence. Now, where were we….)

Yes I know-the Winona County Fair, which, if moved another 20 feet would actually be in Olmsted County. But not.

Dave and I made a food plan and made our way down through the mean streets of St Charles to the fair. (OK, there aren’t any mean streets here, but there are a couple of slightly peevish ones)

I saw, but did not eat this

IMG_0061

Come ON! You know you are thinking how delicious some award winning fried cookie dough (on a stick) would be right about now, while you are outwardly vocalizing disgust so no one knows just how low you might sink. Yeah, I know.

IMG_0060 - Copy

I did have a corn dog, milk shake (which is really soft serve ice cream-yum) and some cheese curds. But next time-on a stick people, on a stick.

(Have I told you about the fried twinkies at the state fair-to DIE for. Or maybe that’s not the best way to describe it….)

We saw a petting zoo-

IMG_0058

That’s a dusty Llama.

But then I saw this-

IMG_0059

And you know-yes you know.

So, here’s a tribute to you Laura, and to all the Mixes, who couldn’t be contained on just one farm…..

IMG_0063 IMG_0062

You know you want one (that weird rolling and bouncing sound you hear is Laura’s eyeballs rolling so hard they are falling out of the sockets)

PB160029 - Copy

Don’t even start because this is the picture that launched a thousand blogs.

See ya in Seattle. Where it rains all the time.

IMG_0073

No comments: