Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Done and Done

I’m done. It’s official. Well, not that official. But a final grade is posted and I took all the classes and paid all the money and now I have a master’s degree in nursing. Well, yay for me. Who knows if it will bring me anything. Mayo decided because I make so much money they won’t give a pay bump to MSN in my classification. Cause they are like that. But even if it doesn’t get me a new shiny job or whatever, I think it taught me a few things. At least the buzz words for management.

Either way, no.more.homework. None. Nada. Nope and all the nopes.

We celebrated last Saturday night at Social Drunk SocialIce in Downtown Rochester. It was about 10 degrees. With a hint of wind to bring down the temps a little bit more. We managed to bundle up in about 5 layers of clothing and head down-

The whole deal is ice bars. And every year it’s either too warm or really cold. A calm night in the 20’s would be so nice.

DSC01242DSC01240

We found a fire and hung out there for a while

IMG_1676IMG_1678

IMG_1680(I have two coats on)

before heading over to Grand Rounds and meeting up with another friend for some toasts to me.

IMG_1677

DSC01245

DSC01249

Um, by the way, tequila shots are never a good idea…..just saying. I lost a mitten too. Dang it. But it was such a fun night. And a perfect way to cap off a long two years.

Before that, just a week ago, was the Superbowl. I was happy with the outcome for sure.

I did my usual quilt class but this year didn’t do a mystery. We just got together and sewed up a quilt. I loved it.

DSC01239

My wonderful peeps and their blocks!

I am working on a tee shirt quilt for Blane which I think I might finish next month. I was trying for Christmas-hahahaha. No.

IMG_1664

IMG_1666 (1)

IMG_1665

It’s turning out pretty good.

Did I mention that I’m getting my teeth straightened. After several years of my teeth moving out and the space getting bigger and bigger I finally went for Invisalign. However, the anchors are on my front teeth so they aren’t that invisable. Vanity wins again. Next stop, chin lift.

Oher than that, getting ready for STITCHES WEST 2018! And, it’s the winter Olympics so we can knit and watch sports. The BEST.

Stitches

I’m flying out Saturday to spend some time catching up with friends and hang in Tacoma for a bit. Then Wednesday off to Cali for some fiber exposure. I guess I better start packing…..

We had Brandy come stay for a night and we were truly Springer Heavy for those days--

IMG_1647

Springers don’t be still. That was the best of about 10 pics. She made herself right at home

IMG_1656

although Puddy was not impressed.

IMG_1660

IMG_1662

She’s over it now.

So—I can actually start blogging again. I don’t have to feel guilty cause I’m not doing homework.

Oh, and did I mention Scotland—2018???

Stay Tuned--

10DClassicScotland17

No comments: