Thursday, December 1, 2016

November-no wait—December

What the heck happened to November?? I’m sure it was here for at least a month.

I finished up another class, and have now started Finance. The good thing about this class is the assignments are spreadsheets. Yes, math I can do. Papers? Not so much. I am struggling with motivation to keep going, that’s for sure. But after this only three classes left. I met with my potential preceptor for my final practicum. I think it will start next November. That should give me some time to think about things. We discussed potential projects. The good thing about Mayo is they do encourage this kind of thing. But ugh. There’s a 45 page instruction manual. That says it all.

I went to Oklahoma right before Thanksgiving to run my second annual Route 66 half marathon in Tulsa with my good friend Machelle. It wasn’t quite as cold as last year, not as much wind, and lots of sun. I took an insane amount of ibuprofen so my knee didn’t hurt at all. I stopped and went to the bathroom at mile 5—the diuretic effect of coffee. I don’t usually do that but it sure gave me a boost of energy! I finished in 2:06 and for not training much it was a great finish for me.  I always have such a wonderful time at Machelle’s. She has a cute house in the country, quite and peaceful and lots of stars.

The day before we went to the expo and had pre race hydration

IMG_2173

Getting ready to start in the car…

IMG_2189

and our new friend photobombing us at the start line.

IMG_2190

Bad selfie at the finish line!

IMG_2192Yay I’m done!

After the race we took a drive to see her little lake house. It’s also very cute and for sale. She doesn’t use it much anymore so she’s fixed it all up and it would be happier with more company.

IMG_2187

Oklahoma is still in the fall colors-here’s the view from her house-

IMG_2188

The drive was beautiful

IMG_2174

 

IMG_2180IMG_2183

IMG_2184

 

IMG_2177

I seem to have lost my little camera so these are all from my phone. Dang it. I know it’s somewhere here…Waiting for it to show up in the most obvious place.

I got home the next day (the drive is long, but sunny and I listened to a book on CD)

Blane came down for Thanksgiving. His birthday was the 17th and I was hoping his present would show up-since I had ordered it over a month before. But no—it came the day after he left….

IMG_2194

I’ll wrap them for Christmas I guess.

I’m doing a 4 part Christmas (idea from a coworker, or someone…)

One thing you want

One thing you need

One thing to wear

One thing to read

For the most part. It makes it a little easier I guess. I would like to add one thing to drink, but maybe not appropriate.

Yesterday was my day off so I did homework and I broke the sliding glass door lock

IMG_0003

Who knew I could sheer the steel off the mechanism. At least it’s the deck door so it’s unlikely anyone will shimmy up the post to gain entry. I did put the bar up in the door frame-just in case.

So, tonight is Lorie Line Christmas Concert.  It’s an annual tradition but  very early this year. Next Thursday is Snap Judgement Live in the cities. I can’t wait to see that as it’s one of my favorite podcasts.

Maybe my camera will show up for that event. My fitbit came back so maybe there’s hope…..

 

IMG_0001The cat responsible for my breaking the lock….

Finally, Happy and Jack…an uneasy truce.

IMG_0002

No comments: