Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Well, Christmas has past and it really was a fine Christmas, if I can judge by the amount of beer and food consumed.

Dave got an early Christmas present in a new phone and VR glasses--

IMG_3671

The first time I wore them for a while it made me a wee bit nauseated. They gave Laura a headache. I guess it’s either a guy thing or something you have to get used to…..I have yet to find something that’s really fun to play or watch.

IMG_3656

We prepared for a white Christmas.

PreChristmas , after it was up for a week,  we put the ornaments on the tree and decorated the house a bit---

IMG_3661IMG_3662

IMG_3665

The cat hut got some Christmas love

IMG_3666

And no Christmas is complete without Thing One

IMG_3664

I’m not sure I’d decorate in such a manner but Dave loves a tree. And once you’ve committed to a tree then you may as well go for it all.

We also put up some new lighting which we do love-a lot

IMG_0048Sort of dark but it’s a new light fixture, really.

IMG_0049Old fixture with lights shining in our face

IMG_0052New ambient lighting

I think people are going to have to come see the ambiance in person to appreciate the changes.

Blane and Melanie showed up on Christmas Morning. They outran the storms and made it just in time before the the hiway closed.

Blane got some sweet Seattle gear.

IMG_3673shoes

 

IMG_3682Save our Sonics……

Melanie hid for the picture—she also has some Hawks gear on. Too bad Seattle couldn’t win the game on Saturday……

IMG_3672

Dave and I did a practice selfie

IMG_3677

He has shorts on. I’m wearing the rest of the layers he should be wearing. AND I’m also wearing a Sonics Sweatshirt.

The cats enjoyed their day relaxing and getting jacked up on catnip

IMG_0067IMG_0064

Puddy showed the world why we can’t have nice things. She was pretty stoked about snapping the antlers off our stocking holder

IMG_0057Damn I’m good.

After a day of nonstop eating (well, Blane and Melanie had a bit of a nap since they’d been up driving since about 4 AM) we had a huge dinner and the required Christmas portrait. And in our usual fashion, it was NOT a one take session.

Not quite…..

IMG_3678

No, no, and all the nopes

IMG_3680

And the winner is…..

IMG_3679

Again, I’m laughing way too hard but after this no one would sit anymore.

So—Hope the holidays was everything everyone wanted it to be.

 

eecard

On to 2017.

No comments: