Monday, April 14, 2014

The One Where I Moved and Lost My Head (and my phone, among other things)

That would be this one.

You know, there’s a special kind of special about moving. This time we had movers and packers--

(unfortunately not this kind-

Fan Love

God I wish it would have been this kind….)

However, it was more like these guys

movers

Only they (the movers, not the packers) had regular uniforms on and another guy came and checked on them. A random spot check.

I gave them glowing reviews even though the packers didn’t put down the red pads on the floor and I didn’t like their choice in music that much. Because they played their music. All day. Out of iPhones. Which really enhances the quality of bad music and made me want to poke my ears out with my knitting needles.

So, I gave them glowing reviews anyway until I realized, after they left with all my stuff that they broke my door.

broken door 1 -Look closer…..

broken door 3

Yeah, that had to be fixed.

There was also the issue of the mowers and the shattered window, the washing machine securers and the leaking washing machine connections, and, the topper which I had no one to blame but myself, the dropped iPhone in the toilet.

(Yes, the water was clean and no, I was not using said toilet at the time, I was cleaning it)

Martha came down on moving day and although I could only sit in a chair and stare off into the distance, she did a little cleaning for me.

IMG_2185 

That is dedication. She also accompanied me to Nordstrom afterward, which I’m not sure was so much dedication as our love of a good shop. And therapy. Moving therapy.

These are my suitcases lined up and ready to go. Bye house.

 IMG_2171

IMG_2172

Out we go, and birdy too--

IMG_2175

Last pictures before the furniture left us

(this is so out of order)

IMG_2173

Our lovely old house. Sold.

And about this same time I took a walk because even though I was technically going insane, the flowers were blooming and it was time to stop and smell them.

Or at least photograph them.

See the tree flowering in the distance??

DSC00625

How’s about some daffodils…

DSC00629 DSC00628

Trees flowering close up…

DSC00626

DSC00632 DSC00631

These flowers were in my front yard--

DSC00638 DSC00633 DSC00634 DSC00637

And these were in the back yard

IMG_2178 IMG_2176

The pig stayed.

IMG_2183

And that’s what happened during the first week of April and why the blog got so delayed.

I’ve barely recovered.

Lastly, this is what my coworker had for lunch one day.

DSC00640

Because it’s my blog, that’s why. 

No comments: