Saturday, May 11, 2013

Running and Crawling

This weekend was jam packed with stuff to do.

And it’s becoming more apparent I need more weekend, and/or more hours in the day.

Firstly, I signed up for a free yoga class at Source Yoga. I was hoping to steal find a picture but this is the only one, and it’s the front desk and yoga room.

Either way I loved it and am going to two classes this week.

Then off we went to start the yarn crawl. Yes, there was one this weekend-

The SSYC 2013-

Oh my that was fun. Dave was so thrilled to be able to be part of it too. Really. He was. I’m sure of it.

I had gone to one shop already, downtown, so Saturday we went to the Alpaca Farm (Firwood Farms), The Yellow House, and Yorkshire Yarns. (All Lovingly Linked)

We took a few pics of the Alpacas, who were unfortunately hot due to the warm weather we were having. (Where was that constant rain I’ve heard we get “all the time”?)

 DSC00179 

This one was all about the sprinkler.

DSC00183

There were a few hennies too.

DSC00180

All the yarns were named after which animal they were spun from. I always like that.

And, of course, the obligatory “put your head in the Alpaca picture thingy”.

DSC00182

It had to be done.

We working in the yard all afternoon, and Grampa came over to bonsai a tree for the shade garden. Whee. I didn’t take any pictures but I will next weekend when we plan to finish up.

Sunday AM, and I mean AM, Dave and I trekked down to Downtown Tacoma so I could run the Tacoma City Marathon.

It was a beautiful day, and I am happy that I was done by 9, because if I had been running a marathon it would have been hot. HOT! It was 87 degrees that day. 87 degrees of sea breeze and no humidity. (Actually it rained all day because, well, it rains here all the time. I’m just really really good with the photoshop)

There was a good crowd at the start

Race 3  20130505_065151

We took off and ran down the way, all along the water and back. It really was a great course. Although the uphill during the last 3 miles wasn’t so great.  And my leg hurt, dang it. But I still had a great race. 

DSC00187

Run Forrest Run……(This is about 2/10 of a mile out. I can see the turn-my leg hurts-keep running, keep running….)

1:58:19-best finish in the past 4 years. Even dragging my leg!

Here’s before and after, with my parking meter friend…

 Me before Race

DSC00188 - Copy

Whoa. I did have a fab new skirt though.

And after 13.1 miles, off we went to finish up the yarn crawl.

We had 6 stores to travel to. Starting in Olympia and working north.

It was a spectacular day to travel-

DSC00194 DSC00192 DSC00193

This was the cute shop in Shelton-

DSC00190

We took a picture of Cody’s new Navy home in Bremerton (where we took a wrong turn-we were looking for Port Orchard-and shouldn’t have even seen the big boats)

IMG_0272

Dave took a picture of me in Poulsbo, our last stop.

Sarah at Paulsbo 2 - Copy 
After all that, we drove down Bainbridge and hit the ferry to Seattle. That was an all out picture-fest

(Note to self-next time bring big camera for landscape shots….)

IMG_0274IMG_0275   DSC00198IMG_0277DSC00210  

DSC00203

It was a fabulous day.

And in the time I’ve taken to post this, a whole week has passed. I have been to Yoga twice-loved it, and had dinner with Martha and Grampa, bought tickets to see Paula Poundstone, and am working on the Cheney Stadium Stitch and Pitch Tickets on June 27th. There will be vendors….just saying.

And I was told there will be Downton Abbey specialty fabric in Minnesota. Really? I’ll have to send an agent to pick me up some of that.

Off to work in the yard. Living in the rain forest when the temps are in the upper 70’s makes for hardy weeds.

Have a fab week.

 

No comments: