Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Morning I Lost All My Stuff

Ok, I didn’t really lose all my stuff, but this morning I have been looking for a little case management book I had which has disappeared, and then I went in to my e-mail to find some pictures my sister sent me of Mother to post here and they are gone too. The Hell? I blame Dave for the little book. I think it was on the table and he just threw it away in the recycle. I blame Yahoo for being so crappy at deleting all the stuff I accidently put in the trash when I really mean to keep it. And no, I didn’t accidently put my little book in the trash when I meant to keep it. I know everyone was silently pointing out the irony of that last statement. Little books are much different than e-mail people.  Quit judging me.

Needless to say it got my morning off to a bad start. Yes it did. And if my sister Martha is reading this, can you resend those pictures. Please. Ugh.

We got through the move at work and this is the new cubicle.

DSC00130

It’s the first on the row and out in the open. I am supposedly getting a half wall so I am not the first thing one sees as they round the corner. Hmmm, I should take a picture of the corner so you can see just how exposed I am. Which means I have to look like I am working people see me working almost all the time.  The cubicle on the right is empty but I usually walk into it as I am trying to go down the hall. Lots of people do. I find it a little amusing. Except when I do it. Then I have to look around and make sure no one saw me.

Across the way are little windows so I can sort of see the weather. Oh, and those giant square lights above me are skylights which are supposed to make us feel better about having no windows. I guess. But I do have the little windows across the way, which I was getting at earlier. If I get up and look out them, this is what I see-

 DSC00128 DSC00129

I see buildings and between buildings I can see the tide flats with docks and cranes. We had better neighborhood ambiance at the last building but this is OK. There is free covered parking so who can complain.

Last weekend was Vogue Knitting Live in Belleview-aka VK Live. Martha and I attended the marketplace and, well, oh my.

I only bought yarn for projects, I swear it. I bought a little cashmere, and some cobasi for a knit-a-long, and then some Mariners themed yarn for future presents, and some LoLo bar products-we could barely decide. I was overcome by the fiber. The sheer amount and types and again, oh my.

DSC00135 DSC00133

The Barmaids LoLo bars. We could still be there smelling them.

DSC00134

There was even yarn hanging from the ceiling.

 DSC00131 DSC00132

We had a fabulous day, capped off by a stroll over to Belleview Square to do a little browsing, a little shopping. And no, I did not even go NEAR the Nordstom.

I also bought plants last weekend for my shade garden, and for the rock gardens out front. I tell ya, gardening here is 24/7 and the season lasts about 9 months. I can’t keep up. I could be out there weeding and working and taming the growth every single day. Living in a temperate rain forest kind of climate is great, but very time consuming if you are a gardener…

DSC00136

There they are, through the window, patiently waiting.

Then I took this picture of Yeltsie, just because.

DSC00137

She has the crazy eye.

Martha was in St. Louis for one day last week (she flew back in the nick of time as not to miss VK Live) and brought me this (which I did not trash)

SarahStreet

Notice I didn’t lose the picture about me, but did lose my mother, briefly. Seriously, quit judging me.

PS-Next week I will post some nice pictures of my mother that Martha is going to (re)send me….again. Really.

No comments: