Sunday, January 13, 2013

More Catching Up to Do!

And may I say Go Seahawks? I am still reeling over the Packers poor performance last night. Sigh.

But anyway, back to the story.

When I last left, we had just finished travelling. Now we are here and have been here a month. We finally got furniture on Jan 3rd. 10 days late=$1000 check from United Van lines. That wasn’t too bad. Sleeping on the air mattress, then pullout bed, then air mattress again was not the most pleasant. But that’s over now. You never know how much you love your bed until that kind of thing happens. But I suppose, if you had to, you’d get used to it. If you had to. I don’t have to.

But before that was Christmas! Yes, I have not blogged Christmas-

First off I went over to Nina’s and brought a little gift for her and one for Rosie-girl.

I bugged Rosie for a while…

IMG_1405 - Copy 

Took a couple pics  of Rose and Garrison

IMG_1406

Then made Rosie photograph Nina and me-

IMG_1400

That’s us looking swell on Christmas (without our big glasses)-then Rosie told us to look funny but Nina said we were too old which cracked us both up-

IMG_1401

We do our share of laughing.

Then off to the G-pa’s for the rest of the family Christmas-

IMG_1413 

This giant chocolate Santa showed up-we didn’t eat him since we had a boat load of other things to eat!

IMG_1410

Yum! Our delicious Christmas lunch.

Cody was there, as was Dave

IMG_1415IMG_1416 

There were some presents-

IMG_1419 IMG_1418

And girl vs boy puzzle contest

IMG_1421 IMG_1420

Girls won.

It was a wonderful day and so nice that we can be all together without all the hassle of flying and vacation and getting here and there. I love that. (Well, I suppose the next gen of cousins have to fly in, but that’s not us and we are down with that!)

Jack also had a little Christmas adventure

IMG_0231

Some things never change.

New Year’s came along and I was supposed to run a race Jan 1st and guess what? I had a stomach bug! Me! I never get a stomach bug. But my stomach hurt, I had chills, I had to come home a little early and New Year’s Eve found me in bed on my air mattress by 8! Fortunately, I survived to tell the tale.

Since then, things continue to go along-

Had a nice afternoon at the G-pa’s and took this pic

IMG_1425

Here are dogs on beds before furniture-we had a couch, ottoman from downstairs, chair from Bay 10 (storage at my sister’s) and dog beds. They were happy. Dave’s feet were happy too.

IMG_1428

We also had a table in the dining room, complete with lawn chairs and Jack.

IMG_1397

Dave loves holding Jack like a baby. (See my reflection in the window?)

And we did end up getting furniture, which I will show in the next blog because I haven’t really finished unpacking it-especially in the sewing room. But Dave did manage to get my stash shelving up. With help from you know who….

IMG_1435 IMG_1434

That can NOT be comfortable.

In a final note, Laura continues to be my blog muse from a distance. She sent me the ultimate Christmas present-

Pictures of the farm. Sigh. You know how I love me my cows.

The Mix farm has been wild with calves this year. They have quit trying to limit the birthings to days where temperatures are  less than 12 degrees with wind chill of –20. It’s now become a year long calf fest.

Of course, now they have another farm, the Jordan place (aka Laura’s new home-I can say that here because she’s miles away and can’t hurt me when I refer to farm #2 in that way) The point is, there’s room for another few hundred head and they are getting a grand start here.

And seriously, aren’t they cute? Dave doesn’t think so either, but I do.

Look at this little cow getting warm….

 IMG_1489 - Copy

And these having a little snack. IMG_1494

IMG_1491 IMG_1493

This part doesn’t look all that much fun. Still, Mrs Mix gets to play with calves all day, which seems ok to me. Except it’s cold out now….

IMG_1499

Ha! I can’t believe how much the calf-love has not rubbed off on Laura….

In other news, Cora turned 4 this month and had a fab b-day. Sad I couldn’t be there as I have been there for the last 3-

(I stole a pic from FB!) Abby Cakes strikes again-remember this one?

IMG_0492 - Copy

That girl can make a fab cake. I wonder if she ships…..

Anyway, that’s all the news today. Off to unpack more boxes and try to figure out what the heck to do with all my stuff. I still have a basement to fill and I fear too little room, too many boxes…..

Have a fab week. Hoping to be able to get on the weekly schedule again.

The furniture is urging me on.

 

No comments: