Sunday, October 7, 2012

Really? Has it been that long?

So very sorry. There is nothing I dislike more than looking at a blog and have it be outdated. I’m only a few weeks behind-that’s not as bad as clicking on a blog and having it be from March 2010. Do not even have a link to your blog if that’s all the blogging you do.

OK, so where were we. I believe Tacoma, Federal Way, and parts unknown.

I arrived here in Sept, as you all know, and started work one week later. One week!

Oh wait, I already blogged that. But I didn’t blog this-

IMG_1085

Here’s where I work and here’s my huge cubicle-

IMG_1083

Really, when I am sitting at my computer (giant screen which I am trying to replace with two small screens) I can’t reach the desk drawers!

IMG_1084

Here’s my little friendship box that sits by my phone-thanks Nancy P. Every time I get a lost and found I look at that little box and think of you. (PS-There’s a bunch coming your way-don’t despair).

IMG_1087

And the woods off in the distance are where I walk everyday at noon. Fabulous. Especially since there has been no rain since I arrived. Actually no rain since August. Which could be why the state is slowly burning up.

(Mason Co on fire….)

IMG_1097 - Copy

I am staying with my BFF Nina, whom I have known since age of 10. We are March 5th girls.

This is my room where I stay. There is a bit of Red Sox love here-can you tell?

IMG_1079

Got all the important stuff here-

IMG_1081 IMG_1080

Our weekends are filled with excitement. Tonight, for example, we had a hot date grocery shopping at the Fred Meyer (my totally favorite store)

Last Friday we did this-

We painted Rosie’s room! There’s Nina-

IMG_1070 

And our Rosie girl! Pictures say it all.

IMG_1073 IMG_1074

Then on Sunday I went knitting with these fabulous girls-

IMG_1088

Julie (next to me) and Nancy. They have been so supportive of me since I arrived. We are in Lake Forest Park (is it a Lake? Forest? Park?), by Third Place books and a most delicious bakery. Very much enjoyable.

After knitting, I took off for my sister’s house on Hartstene Island as I worked in Olympia all of last week. I have learned so much I have brain fatigue-but all worth it.

The island is beautiful.

View from my window

IMG_1095

Awesome sunset-

IMG_1090

But a looong drive to Olympia to work. So I am back to Nina’s as of yesterday (Friday). I’ll take my chances on I-5 as opposed to over an hour each way to and from the island. It would be nice if you didn’t have to leave for several days, but the daily trip is a fatigue builder for sure.

I tried to get a view of the window I am by at the office in Olympia, but my camera was all whacked about it.

IMG_1093

It focused on what was near, and not the capitol building that is the cool focus of my pictorial study. I’ll try it again next week.

Mother went to the hospital last week, and is now in rehab for PT/OT. I don’t think she’s too happy about it and it certainly doesn’t help her confusion. But she needs the strength, that is for sure.

So, needless to say, I am a wee bit tired. Between going to a new place (again), the long commute all week, and Mother, it’s been a hell of a week. But I got some sewing in today, a great run through the forest, and a bit of knitting too. Off to bed for some rest. Still haven’t sold the house and am missing Dave and the pets. Hopefully soon.

The northwest is treating me well, and I am truly happy here. And will be even happier once we are all together again.

Oh, and Nina told me today, it hasn’t rained for 77 days. Or has it….? I’d hate to think we’d lie about it not raining when everyone knows-it rains here ALL the time.

Have a fabulous week and more later.

 

No comments: