Monday, April 23, 2012

Grandest of Openings

Last week was the grand opening of the new Pine Needles Quilt and Sew. It even has a new name.

It was quite the event and we were all there-lined up in front of the food.

IMG_0252

IMG_0256

Our leaders Marcia and Suzie

IMG_0251

Connie T needs to be added in there too (in the purple shirt and black cardi in the group pictures)-she is fearless leader #3 and an all around go to girl (and the person who ALWAYS puts my name first on the retreat and SB mystery quilt lists-you know what I’m talkin’ about).

It was a wonderful opening-seemed like a long time in coming. There was a line to the door at 5 PM when the store opened, and I had a little PTSD flashback of the 70% sale. Oh God. Fortunately it was nothing like the 70% sale, and a good thing because I was not nearly medicated enough for that kind of thing.

Fans and husbands sent flowers (not my husband but some husbands….)

Food was ready

IMG_0248 

And the new store was unveiled.

On Friday my friend Mary K and I went to see Kaye England do her thing. It was entertaining and I learned sooo much.

IMG_0262

Of course I couldn’t get a good picture of her, and I took a few. But I like this one with one of her quilts up behind her.

IMG_0267

This is one of her embroidery designs. A little cow. I just can’t imagine why I was drawn to it. (RIP my little Twinkles…..)

The linky to her website is here-you should take a look.

I finished my Oh Delilah by SheKnits the day the shop opened. It’s for Marcia. I am working on matching footies. It’s very cozy.

IMG_0269

My friend Jill came down on Saturday to the shop and we had dinner, which was highly pleasant after the busy week.

Sunday was a sunny funny day. I ran 10 miles. That was the funny part.

The cats partook of the sun.

IMG_0274 IMG_0277 IMG_0281

……and dig the hillbilly’s trampoline. Doesn’t it just add to the ambiance?

IMG_0279

Next weekend is more fiber-otherwise known as Yarnover. Sweeet!

Stay tuned-film at 11.

 

No comments: