Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stuff that happens when you aren’t looking

Last week at work I was minding my own business when this happened.

IMG_0157

That would be Chrissy, Cathy and I posing with the Dark Knight. What I found interesting was 1) his sidekick couldn’t operate my camera so I’m not ready for the picture and 2) he got an i.d. badge with his Dark Knight picture on it.

IMG_0157 - Copy

It’s blurry but you can see, that’s our Logo with the Dark Knight picture. You realize, it takes an act of God to get a new badge, and here the Dark Knight got one in, oh, say, an hour. Goes to show when you are a super power, you don’t wait in line.

It also cost me 2 dollars to get our picture taken-however, it’s not the two bills stuck in his belt. Just saying.

So after that, the rest of the week pales in comparison. Laura returned from Africa and took this, my fave picture.

Lion 

There were a couple better of the lions, but I really like this guy.

And what kind of blogger would I be without throwing down a picture  of Laura in Africa. (Yes, I stole these pictures and did not ask nor check for copyrights-that’s how I roll-I mean she put it on Facebook for God’s sake-she was BEGGING me to steal them)

Laura and Lion

Anyway, she says she was a “little gnawed on”. I think there was some sort of  shoe fetish going on at the lion park.

So we are happy to have her back in one piece. (Finally, someone who understands both Fringe AND Psych…)

I finished Kari’s baby sweater for her new baby Evelyn.

Evelyn

First of all, Evelyn was early but took forever and secondly I didn’t know boy or girl. I didn’t even get to see Kari pregnant, dang, but I did knit this little unisex sweater

 IMG_0159

I love the buttons

IMG_0160 - Copy

And just in time for the 80 degree March weather. OK, I lie, it’s not 80 in March. It’s going to be 80 on Sunday, April 1st, when I get to run the Fool’s Five (another late race so we can celebrate the heat of the day….)

Anyway, I added a pink shirt and some little pants and some little receiving blankets. I hope they like it.

Lastly, Saturday was the first weekend of the sell down at Pine Needles. The sale has been going all week but those that couldn’t make it came for the 40% off on Saturday. It was sincerely busy.

Marcia worked hard….

IMG_0169

can you tell? I pulled a pushpin out of her shoe at around 3 PM. God only knows how long she walked around with a half inch of pin hanging off her sole. Jeesh. (Laughed so hard we cried and decided we can never work together again)

Also, there’s Connie back there working her magic on the cash register. See how empty the front shelves look? I tried to capture the crowds but I failed miserably

 IMG_0166 IMG_0167

There was a time when the line to the cash register was something like 20 deep.

IMG_0168

Good times. Next Saturday is the last day and 70% off. I hope we survive it.

Marcia was kind enough to let me have the dressform (I call her my girl) but she completely disrespected her

IMG_0170

Look at her all passed out on the floor there. Oh, that’s my new red chair too. Sweet.

Hopefully I’ll be able to resist the 70% off temptation (I was really good with the 40/50%-only some needles, pattern and thread) because April really kicks off the fiber months with the Minneapolis yarn store shop hop, the Textile Center Garage Sale, the new Pine Needles store opening, and Yarnover.

Gotta go, must rest up. Exhausted thinking of it.

Oh, yeah, I guess I still have to go to work too, because you never know, when you least expect it, there might just be a super power lurking outside your cubicle.

IMG_0157 - Copy (2)

No comments: