Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Retreat

Last weekend was retreat. I loves me a good retreat.

DSC01569

This is the view out our windows, which were on three sides

DSC01608

Look at all those machines and fabrics and everything else.

DSC01572

Suzie was there giving me a look.

Marcia went ca-rrraazzzy with the bags.In memory of Sheryl M’s past presence. We couldn’t believe her production in the bag department. Ardie and I found it a little bit scary-

 DSC01575

DSC01580

And this is only a smattering. She was using this weird texture stuff.

DSC01578

I thought it looked like some sort of fungi. But it was pretty neat.

I think the final total was 9 bags. Told you it was crazy.

DSC01592

Suzie made this cute family portrait wall hanging. I love how clear the pictures are. They were actually clearer in real life.

DSC01570

There were lots of cool things made.

 DSC01610

One of two tee shirt quilts

DSC01613

I wondered what Margaret found so funny-

DSC01616 DSC01617

These are the Lois and Linda quilts.

DSC01619

The second tee shirt quilt. Hard to see, but there are pinwheels in the sashings.

DSC01620 DSC01621

Bargello-I always think bargello is so cool.

DSC01628

Cheryl made this little thing, I think it’s darling.

DSC01629

And that’s just a few examples. Everyone was so busy. I forgot to take a picture of my mystery quilt and my mystery girls who worked on the mystery. Dang.

I almost finished this quilt. I ran out of the set-in blocks on the bottom right. I found some here so all I have to do is finish.

DSC01632

I made 40 of these. 

DSC01635

And 80 of these

DSC01636

So I got a good start on the Cabin in the Stars. If I can ever finish this blog, I’d go sew on it.

I got out the Serger and serged some. It was stressful but I finally did it. I am all signed up for Serger School next week. It’s a good thing

 DSC01638

Yes, that’s a little mouse sneaking up on the serged table topper.

DSC01639

And that’s a little bit of how retreat was in 2011. Because, where some things are concerned, what happens at retreat, have to stay at retreat. Right girls????

Sigh. I hated to leave.

No comments: