Monday, October 31, 2011

Gettin’ Ready

This is a short blog because I am getting ready for my mini vacay to Vegas and points west. Tomorrow is my last day of work for a week. Which is a good thing for me.

Last week I went to Serger School at Pine Needles with my friend, the Serger.

DSC01649 - Copy DSC01648

I made a table runner which is not quite done yet. It’s not so much the projects, but getting comfortable with the workings of the thing. Which takes some practice. Which is the whole point of Serger School.

We also had a big turnout at our little knitting group-Dunn Brothers at Two.

DSC01665

Actually, Kristie and Barb aren’t even in the picture because I ran out of space on the right.

This is a kind of funny picture because people were moving and turning their heads. And that girl in the background, on the left, looking at us a bit strangely, is not actually in our group. She is thinking what Stephanie Pearl-McPhee said at SS11, “what are the knitters going to to? Because knitters are very unpredictable……”. Well, we did climb up on chairs and take pictures of this

DSC01651

DSC01657

Our Skacel, Knit Purl Hunter shawls. Some done, and some very close. I think it’s really fun to see them all together, the different colors. However, we are all ready to be done, or very glad to be finished.

So. Sorry for the short post, but I have soooo much on my mind, and so much to get done. I’ll be sure to post from vacay, but remember,

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas……..

No comments: