Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

Hey-Happy 4th of July. Nice day here, a bit hot, but nice.

I have had an interesting week. Starting with the knocking down and loading up of my yarn/fabric display bins.

Here’s what they looked like at Kristen’s-

DSC00912 DSC00911

And today, here’s what they look like at my house-

DSC00972

Thanks Dave. He did all this himself whilst I was out running in the hot hot sun with Cathy. Didn’t help that I was a bit dehydrated from the weekend……

And the wooden bins that were there are now behind the desk. I think it looks pretty sharp.

DSC00973

Yeltsie thinks so too. (She is sitting on the cat spot that is too small for Jack to even fit his big toe on-so dainty is she).

I took the wire displays apart in a couple of days. I left a little early on Friday and I ended up knocking a little bit of it down outside where it was triple digits. Triple. The dew point must have been somewhere around 70. The air was thick and it was hot.

DSC00915 Late in the day…..

Thursday night we went to Thursday’s on First, and it was hot that night too. Not as hot as Friday, but hot enough to make me sweat and want to leave. I seriously debated a nice cooling Margarita, but I knew a weekend full of beer was coming and couldn’t start on Thursday.

DSC00913

The garden likes the weather, as long as I am out there watering.

DSC00916

Peppers, squash, and tomatoes.

The wildflower garden is coming along nicely too

DSC00922 DSC00919 DSC00921

DSC00918

Here’s a little daisies in the wind….

 

So, usually along with triple digits comes a storm, and after dark we had quite the rain and lightening, which cooled things off considerably.

Enough so that Saturday we set off to Melrose, WI for Meldefest 2011. I sort of like Meldepalooza better. But either way, we set off with days worth of supplies and the dogs, stopped for New Glarus beer, and made our way over.

DSC00932 

This is Meldefest Central on Saturday afternoon.

DSC00929

We set up our tent on the hill on a nice flat spot. (That’s Dave’s rear end-sorry….)

And Dave settled in to relax.

DSC00944 He loves a good relaxing sit outside.

The whole time I was there I couldn’t help but think-Where is Laura when you need her-because check this out-

DSC00947 DSC00937 DSC00943

And that’s just a few examples-

If you ask me the adults were seriously outnumbered

DSC00957

I didn’t get a picture of all the tween girls-there was a gaggle of them but they were elusive.

Here’s Sophie and Scout-or is it Skeeter?

DSC00948

And my brother-in-law Tom, who’s property it was, having a deep conversation with Sam on Sunday AM.

DSC00961

Dave chaperoned a group on a “hayride”. The gaggle of girls went along. I see that Dave has a pretty fierce grip on that beer.

DSC00936 DSC00935

This is the morning view from our tent.

DSC00952

And Trixie taking in the new day

DSC00953

The view from the skylight and the window-fabulous

 DSC00950 DSC00951

We took a little walk to check out the sights.

 DSC00959 DSC00960 DSC00963

DSC00967

Trixie went down the road

DSC00958

Oh, she’s down there, the little dot in the road rut.

I tried to get Dave to take a picture of me and the baby.

First he did the 20 minute get ready to take the picture. By the time he takes it I’m like, seriously?

DSC00968

Then I tried to get him to take a picture of me, Sophie, the dog and the baby.

It was a bit blurry, so I had to sharpen.

DSC00969

Then I took my own picture of the baby. She wasn’t really interested.

DSC00971

And then we sat some more, ate some more, and came home. The dogs were exhausted.

And Chat was waiting patiently.

DSC00927

Happy Fourth of July.

As always, be sure to click on pictures to make them bigger and easier to view.

No comments: