Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal Weddings

I have to say, I love me a royal wedding. I was Royal Wedding Central on Friday at work. I TiVo’d it, streamed it, and googled it all the day long.  Seriously.

Official royal wedding photo of Prince William, Kate Middleton

Official royal wedding photo of Prince William, Kate Middleton and family

I think the queen was a wee bit frumpy. But I thought that the bride was beautiful and the groom handsome and the whole thing wonderful. I know. I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to the royals.

Now this was a bit much

FAKE A BOW photo | Princess Beatrice

What is that? Someone on Ravelry had posted that it looked something like a female reproductive organ. Interesting. And kinda true.

I like this one-Kate in her eveing gown and Camilla in her overnight caftan.

I, of course, wore my royal tiara to work

Unfortunately, I had another better picture of this, with my royal tiara AND the royals on my computer as wall paper.

But guess what? My camera ate that picture, plus several other pictures plus my drive to Yarnover. I am so angry.

This is about the best picture of Yarnover, which was Saturday, that I got.

This is the guest speaker, Merike Saarniit, an Estonian knitter

DSC00615

I took some pictures of knitters, but I had the crap camera so they didn’t turn out so well.

DSC00609

And there was a ton of knitterati

DSC00610

Lily Chin and Cat Bordhi and Jered Flood and many others. It was fun to see.

I spent the night before with Jill, and we had great Indian food and had a fun chat with another friend, Kathy, who also came out to dinner. But after the speaker at Yarnover, I had to go. So I didn’t stay to see any of the Ravelry bunch that were there.

I did buy some sweet roving which I have been spinning and will show off next week.

If I can keep the damn pictures on the camera………

No comments: