Friday, February 11, 2011

“There must be some way out of here……

said the joker to the thief

There’s too much confusion-I can’t get no relief”

And so the week ends. I was busy all week long, and last night, when I planned to do this, I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30, went to bed at 8:30 and was asleep (again) by 9. This living certainly takes it’s toll.

So, where did I leave off? Ahh yes, remember the Packers were Superbowl bound? Well, now they are Superbowl champs

GO PACK GO!!!!

There was a lot of Rodgers love flowing around here. But of course, the defense has to be mentioned-seriously, if it weren’t for the interceptions, well-it certainly could have been different. ‘Cause God knows offensively they had some difficulty catching the ball. That’s ok, Jordy Nelson doesn't read my blog.

And check out the celebration at Lambeau

That’s a lot of cheese.

On the home front, I did finish my Center of Attention socks

DSC00507 DSC00513

They are my first toe up, two at a time, magic loop socks. The trifecta of socks.

I attended the  Superbowl Sunday 6th annual mystery quilt. I think it’s 6. Anyway, there were 6 of us-it was perfect. Really it was.

DSC00485

Our fearless leaders-Marcia and Suzie. Aren’t they cute? They needed a whole table (well, actually Marcia is kinda noted for needing a whole table, but that’s another blog post)

Here are a few blocks by the other girls

DSC00491 DSC00488 DSC00489 DSC00490

Here’s mine-almost all stash but I did buy 6 fats for the centers

DSC00493

I also cut the center block an 8th of an inch short. So I had to make adjustments and the points are slightly off. Oh well.

And this is the finished quilt-

DSC00487

Wheeeee!

This week was Patrick’s last week before he moves to the school nursing portion of public health. So Morgan came to help decorate his cubicle. My camera won’t take a clear picture if there is any movement at all, so this is the best I could do. She is still pretty cute. I have Chase on my phone, but he isn’t very clear and I haven’t uploaded him yet. Next week.

DSC00517

There were quite a few folks there and this is what they did

DSC00522

DSC00526

DSC00523

That is Saran wrap around the chair, computer, phone etc.

This is what Patrick said…

DSC00527

Ha!

Lastly, Cody, for his own birthday I guess, bought a new car.

Back in the day I had this car-

240Z

Datsun 240 Z

Cody now has this

car

Nissan 350 Z.

What can I say? He is driving his mother’s reincarnated car. I’m sure he doesn’t see it quite that way.

Cody was also 5th in his class in medical school. He got to have lunch with the dean of students. Now he feels like he has to keep it up-and he has 4 years to go. Congratulations and happy birthday to Cody, the boy wonder.

scan0004scan0001a 

scan0001

scan0001

P1010277 - Copy

There-I have blogged. Phew! That was close. Next week-

Vegas with the sisters!

No comments: