Monday, June 28, 2010

Crazytown

Last Friday, Laura and I saw a crazy car on a one way street to crazy town. Then, to top it all off, we saw a sheriff at a stoplight throw a cigarette butt out of his car window. I mean, really? And I am not even going to mention the drinking game Laura invented to capitalize on the BU of A (blatant use of acronyms) happening at public health. We then decided that we should not be together on Friday afternoons-EVER. I don’t know how we can invite so much trouble in the space of one Friday afternoon, but if it can be done, we will do it.

I had one more picture of me last weekend. I thought Dave had taken a better picture and I found it on my camera.

DSC01535 - Copy (2)

Nice baggy pants. (I am trying to tie that into the dogs panting-you know, pants…panting…, but can’t quite do it tonight. BUT- if this were Friday afternoon with Laura, you can bet I’d have cooked up an unbeatable caption)

Also this week I was driving home and there were cows on the road. I wish I would have taken a picture of them. They weren’t really cows, but they weren’t calves, they were tweens out getting into trouble.

I went knitting on Wednesday and Karen had finished the U of M children's sized Wallaby. It is really cute.

DSC01536

Cody and Kate showed up on Thursday.

DSC01537 - Copy 

I took a picture of cute, tired Kate while Cody unloaded the car.

On Saturday I got up early to take the birds to the vets. One of my birds flew away this week when I accidently walked out side with him on my shoulder. I am very sad.

But we got up early and took the other birds. The sunrise was pretty with the fog.

DSC01538

Click to make bigger.

My garden is growing, we certainly have enough water for it. If only we could get some sun.

DSC01541

Even Yeltsie got in the act.

DSC01540

In the afternoon Cody and Kate went to the history center and had some engagement pictures taken.

DSC01546

They started by this stone building.

DSC01544

DSC01548

DSC01550

They felt very awkward. I didn’t take any of the kissing shots. But there were a few. I’m surprised they could do it without laughing.

Then they went up to the other farm buildings

DSC01545

DSC01553

DSC01558

See ‘em-way up there….

DSC01559

They didn’t like this one

DSC01562 DSC01560 DSC01561

Then over to this building (and there were pictures going on the whole time-walking pictures, hand pictures, looking pictures, kissing pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

                         DSC01565

DSC01566 

To the Early Rural School

DSC01569 DSC01567 DSC01568

After that I went home and these two went out for sushi. Must be nice.

Sunday I mowed most of the lawn and in the brief moment of sun, I shot a few pics of my wildflower garden, which the daisies have taken over.

DSC01573

But behind them there are a few colorful flowers

        DSC01579 DSC01574                           DSC01575    

DSC01576  

DSC01580

In the front my Johnnie Jump ups are overtaking the head.

So, that’s the week. The paper piecing is coming along and I finished a corner on my Aran Afghan block. Photos to follow next week.

Oh, and Martha said everyone wanted to see the ring, but I had no pictures. Well, the photographer did take some of their hands and all that, but I got this close up in the box. Which I believe I posted before, so pay attention out there!

DSC01138

This is diamond upgrade number 1. The actual ring is diamond upgrade number 2. Just so you know.

No comments: