Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Busy Weekend

This week went by. It has been raining a LOT. I put in my garden in the raised bed and now we don’t have any sun. I know there hasn’t been a lot of sun in the northwest either, judging from the news from home. But I wish they’d quit sending their clouds my way.

I went to a stitch and bitch at Dunn Bros on Wednesday. I guess Med City does have a little knitting group that meets weekly. I decided that is something that I would like to do. So I went running, then over to Dunn’s and sat around talking about knitting for an hour and a half. Very pleasant. Next week I promise to take a picture. The other two girls, Karen and Barbara, were untangling a big bunch of yarn which would have made a good picture.

On Friday there was a retirement party for Cheryl, who is our clerical support. She used to be a financial worker and so very handy to have around. She knew all the ins and outs of the rules and regs of eligibility and how to find out lots of important stuff. She’ll be done at the end of the month (I am so jealous I could spit!)

Anyway, Mary K and the crew set up the room, and then I arrived and honed in on this right away

DSC01480

Oh yeah, that’s what I’m talkin’ about.

Cheryl is a seamstress, quilter, and all sorts of crafts person so we decorated with my quilts and her little American Girl dresses (which she makes, and custom makes to match the owners outfits-I gotta get me one of them dolls).

I took a few pictures of my quilts

DSC01484

Here’s a couple-the one on the left was a Superbowl Mystery Quilt.

And I think this one was a mystery also.

DSC01483

This is the one I gave to Mary K

DSC01482

And speaking of Mary, look at the kind of reception I get from just trying to snap some blogworthy photos

DSC01481

See the evil eye? She’s giving me a warning-and then this

DSC01488

Seriously?

Now look at my good girls, Lyndsey and Laura

DSC01490

See how they embrace the blog? My Posse. I’m so proud.

Cheryl got a plaque from the director of Social Services Paul Fleissner.

DSC01493

Those are her little American Doll clothes in the background.

And she got a corsage from Corinne-

DSC01487 But not in that order.

I am not blogging in real time this week.

DSC01494

And then a group shot of the Community Well Gang with our fearless leader, Corrine.

From L-Corrine, Cathy, Cheryl, Mary, Dawn, Anne and me. That dark thing around my neck is my badge lanyard. My badge was getting in the way of eating my cake.

Then on Saturday I went back to Dunn Bros to have early coffee with my other knitting friend Barb, who used to teach BOTM. She was drop spindling which looks like this

wp42b958a1[1]

Of course, that’s not her because I didn’t take any pictures of that either. Jeepers. Get a grip.

Saturday afternoon we went to Angie’s new house in Chatfield for a house warming. She has a beautiful house, and I would have taken pictures but I ran out of battery taking pictures of this

DSC01496

A room full of babies with Laura and Ali. Well, Ali has Chase (standing, center) with her, and Laura….well, you know….

Morgan was there too, a little overwhelmed by a room full of toys and babies.

DSC01501

Is that not a “Holy Cow!” look or what?

And our little Cora, leading the way

DSC01499

Isn’t she a big girl? She was in a good mood this day.

And at one point Laura set a new record by being surrounded by 3 babies

DSC01503

Good Lord. I wish I would have had enough battery for 1) the rest of the house and 2) Laura crawling through a 3 foot tube into a Barbie House. I really wish I had a picture of that.

Today Dave decided to clean all the cushions on the couch and pile them up for the cat to sit on.

DSC01509 DSC01506

And then I decided to take family photos.

DSC01511

Elvin (aka Yeltsie)

DSC01516

Trixie (aka Noodle). She was slightly stressed about the photograhy thing.

DSC01517

And Beta, in all his one eyed glory (aka One eyed Did-as usual, don’t even ask)

I have been told that I am no longer allowed to take pictures of Dave’s head. The new rule is 7 feet, darkened and blurred.

Like this.

DSC01455

These are no longer acceptable.

P1010279 (2)

Of course, I only blogged this one as an example. Just so you know.

 

No comments: