Sunday, November 8, 2009

November Already

My how the time flies. This week the weather has been lovely. Friday and Saturday in the 60’s. Weird.

Oregon lost to Stanford, how I just don’t know. It seems every time I watch a game the team I want loses. I thought about sending my story into the Onion-“Football teams ask fan not to watch-upsets directly linked to one fan’s viewing” Oh well. Today I can jinx the Packers (again) and possibly Seattle, although I don’t think they need my help.

This is my new office.

DSC00809

I am taking the picture from where I sit, which is over in this corner for now.

DSC00810

Although this is not actually my desk. I sit on the other side of this by the door and the wall, but I am filling in for someone so I get to sit at her desk and watch the 2100 building. It is very distracting because of all the hard hats around

DSC00808

Ok, there aren’t too many in this picture but believe me, they are there. I can watch them go in and out of the portapotties too. Which we never did decorate. Laura told me that on Friday, tall hard hat was hanging from a harness out here. I can’t believe I missed that.(We have names for all the hard hats-tall hard hat, bicycle hard hat, briefcase hard hat, no hard hat hard hat, you get the picture)  They are working over on the second floor of the 2100 where I will move in Jan, or Feb, or March-whenever. Most likely on the coldest snowiest day of the year. I thought it was supposed to be done in September but, well, you know. We’ll have a window over there too, but I am not sure we will have as many.

The 17th is Blane’s 25th birthday. I am making him something (it’s a surprise) and got him a couple of other things. We will be having a little party next Sunday. Which means CAKE. I’ll have to order one today.

I finished the block in the round. It is a hateful block. I made a zillion mistakes, the directions weren’t real clear and it looks like crap, but it is finished and I’ll hide it in the finished afghan somewhere unnoticeable.

DSC00811

It doesn’t look too bad in the photo, but in person-yuck.

Well, back to work. I have to finish up some homework. Only 3 more weeks of that before I take a break from school and rethink my options. I have a request to make a quilt for someone so I am anxious to work on that.

AND I got my Christmas Club check so I am off to do some online Christmas shopping. WhooHoo!

1 comment:

caillie said...

That block looks okay to me. :-)
If you can't move into the building until later at least you get cuties to look at.