Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Babies, Among Other Things

Last weekend I went on a knitting spree. I finished two blocks.

This one I was close to done

DSC00763

And this one I finished in a day (it was easy)

DSC00764

Now I am starting the one for November, which I have ripped out three times. Finally, in a flash of insight, I figured out the mistake and will be casting on and getting lots more done today.

On Wednesday, my work went on a retreat. We went to Ironwood Springs Christian Ranch, which was a very nice place.

DSC00770

This was the building we were in. There were a few dead things on the walls…..

 DSC00767

DSC00768

I don’t think this is local fauna.

We looked out on this

DSC00772

There were also extra large items scattered about

DSC00769

This is a big chair-look, we all fit in it

DSC00778

There was also this big tire coming out of the ground

DSC00771

Unsure of the purpose of this.

We shot wrist rockets at this target

DSC00776

We went on a wagon ride, the views were pretty.

DSC00773

Friday was Halloween. I saw some scary babies

DSC00781

And this one

DSC00795

DSC00787

Chase loves to touch Cora. I don’t think he believes his eyes or something. Cora thinks-bah, boys….

DSC00790

But I think maybe Laura and I were even scarier

DSC00800

 DSC00798

I actually got Laura to smile. I think I win the scariest costume and make up contest.

I finally got to see Kristen’s cute little Peyton. Or as she is also known, Tater Pie.

DSC00802

In real life she looks just like a little china doll. And the hair! She was born with all that hair-she is only 5 months old!

scan0001a

Note difference between Cody and Peyton’s hair, or lack of it. Hmmmm. I think Cody was even older than 5 months here. I tell ya, I can’t wrap my head around it. So to speak.

DSC00801 - Copy

Kristen and Peyton-two cute girls!

Saturday was the H1N1 clinic hosted by Olmsted County Public Health.

Although they planned for a thousand, I think we got about 400. My guess is not enough publicity, and not specific to the target audience, which was under 18, under-and uninsured, and caregivers, pregnant women. We did have a few children. Would love to have taken pictures of some of those kids. Man but they were cute. However, the law prevents me from plastering their pictures all over my blog, so here’s the empty rooms.

 DSC00805

This is where they filled out forms and got vaccines. That little group of orange vesters in front are the interpreters.

DSC00806

This is where I worked. Screening. Hey, it was fun for a while. And I get next Friday off in return. Unless there is another surprise clinic.

DSC00803

I got this from my Starbucks swap partner, Lisa. When people knit up such great items I feel so guilty. I can only knit little things. But I do think I put together a nice package to send to my swap partner Nancy. And I bought a pumpkin spice latte with the gift card to get through yesterday.

Last, but not least, I went in the kitchen the other day and had that eerie feeling someone was watching me. I just couldn’t shake it. And then I saw this

DSC00758

Creeepy. She probably still blames me for the time she woke up and was missing a couple of canine teeth.

Here’s the big picture

DSC00759

That was last week. I also did some homework and went to the gym and watched some TV and played Bejeweled compulsively. The birds went to the vet and one has a cold and has to have medicine. The dog threw up once. Dave told many stupid jokes, most of which made me laugh.

All in all, just enough excitement to make things interesting.

1 comment:

caillie said...

Cute babies! Love the cat photos. The chair and tire were pretty cool too. I love that you got 2 squares done and will be starting ahead on the next one-WAY TO GO!!!