Saturday, June 20, 2009

The race is on

I raced a few weeks ago. Well, I raced before that but I refuse to blog a bad race. Since it is my blog I feel I am entitled to edit out my poor performances.

Well, OK. Since I just found the pictures I guess I will blog the Spring Classic, which was not so classic. This was a 9 mile race in which I got tired, had to walk, and generally felt crappy. I finished with a poor time which would put me well over 2 hours in a half marathon.

DSC00094

Bad hair, but otherwise not feeling too bad at the start.

DSC00096

Here we are, all lined up. I am right in the middle looking pretty stupid. Please tell me my posture is not always that bad.

DSC00098

Crossing the finish line in 1:27 or some such awful time. I run the TC10 faster than this 9 miler. And that is about enough of that.

This is the good one. I ran the Med City Marathon in 2 hours and 9 seconds. If I hadn’t stopped to adjust my music I would have broken 2 hours. (Like I used to…back in the day)

See our shadows? DSC00211Feeling good at the startDSC00212

Nice crowd and we can wear our music-big plus. Weather perfect, cool, sunny, low wind.

DSC00215

Here is the starting lane in Byron. Run down, circle around, run back and start towards Rochester.

Finish up by the YMCA-

Kenny was directing traffic. Unbeknownst to him he is our hero.

DSC00220

He really can be hilarious at times.

 DSC00217

                         DSC00218

Very happy at the finish. I didn’t have a watch so I really didn’t know the outcome. Just feeling good and having fun. The 600 mg of ibuprofen before the race didn’t hurt either.

And the finish

DSC00219

Official time was 2:00:09. WooHoo. Shook off the spring classic blues.

Next up is today in Winona-BK5K. 5K. Ouch. That means running fast for 25 minutes. Ugly. But a yearly tradition. The race is on.

No comments: